Sign in to follow this  

dead spot right off idle 2000 drz-E

Burned .you have probably answered this a hundred times but what is the fix for getting rid of the dead spot right off idle If I twist the throttle quick it falls on it's face and then picks up again. I have a dynajet kit in it ,but it has always done this since I bought it. I'm heading to Colo. to ride in Aug. and would like to cure this for getting over logs,rocks etc. thanks for you're reply in advance

dynojet kit for the fcr does not work well.the needle has to much taper.

the jetting for colorado will be different than in iowa.

got you on the change in jetting. Ive been out to your area before and it don't matter where I ride . It always has had that little dead spot. what jet kit do you recommend and anything else I should do. I also would tellyou I've done the air box mod ,and have a fmf powercore 4 pipe on the bike

actually , I changed back to the original needle and raised it a bit but neither seemed to get rid of it. Don't get me wrong . It's far from not ridable,it's just that every once and a while you need to stab the throttle at low speeds to get up and over a obsticle and it will take you by suprise by falling on it's face for a split sec. Taylor park here I come

stock needle clip 5?the main jet needs to match the needle as well.

check to make sure the accelerator pump is squirting as well.