Sign in to follow this  

Sherco Rally bike... brazil

A rallye race is the Dakar, for instance (to name the most famous). The BAJA 1000 is also a rallye, although it's more of a super endurance race.

Rallye bikes have a huge tank, of course, but also a more profile nose for higher speed and usually it's elevated because you ride 95% of the time standing.

Rallye-prepping is quite common in France and I am not surprised to see a lot of rallye specific parts for their domestic brand.

Wished the Swedes did the same... :thumbsup:

Um... Sherco isn't French, it's Spanish

Edit: AWESOME pictures by the way. Wonder if that's the 510?

I just emailed ShercoUSA with these links asking when they're gonna field a Paris-Dakar team...VERY COOL!

Huh, no, Sherco is a French manufacturer.

The name of the company is "Sherco Moto SARL", SARL standing for "Societe Anonyme a Responsability Limitée", equivalent to our LLC.

The trials bikes are made in Cales, Spain, and it's true that it's partly built on the ruins of Bultaco.

The owner and founder, Marc Tessier, is French, the company is based in France and its capitals are in a French bank (in Euro funds, common to Spain and France, that is true).

Also the enduro models are made in Nimes, France, in the former HRD facilities.

So because KTM bough Husaberg and used their technology, KTM is now a Swedish company?

Sherco is based out of Spain. They orginated there. They bough HRD and have a production facility in Nimes BUT that does not mean they are French. That is like saying that Volkswagens are Mexican because some of their cars are assembled there.

The use of S.A.R.L. does not define Sherco as a French company, companies from many European countriess use that designator. The Sherco enduro bikes are imported to the United States from Spain. They are Spanish.

Sherco is French, no argument about that.

The trials are made in Spain, the enduros in France.

You're saying that Sherco is French even though before Sept. '01 it was entirely based out of Spain?

Sherco is French, no argument about that.

The trials are made in Spain, the enduros in France.

I think perhaps you should do come more research: their website and all of the basic and technical literature on the bike that originates from Sherco is printed primarily in Spanish..and then English, French, German, etc.. Furthermore, Simply because the founder of the company is French in heritage does not make the end product French simply because of it. The engineers and test riders ar of various national origins, and none in particular.

Lets see, allow me to list the various subcontractors that furnish subassemblies to the Sherco enduro bikes:

Plastic: Acerbis (Italian)

Tires/tubes: Michelin (French in origin, actually molded elsewhere)

Ignition: Ducati (Italian)

Oils: Ipone (French)

Forks: Paioli/Kayaba (Italian/Japanese)

Shock: Paioli (Italian)

Injection: Magnetti-Marelli (Italian)

Throttle: Domino (Italian)

Rims: Takasago EXCEL (Japanese)

Bearings(wheel, engine, suspension/steering): SKF (Swedish)

Castings(engine, swingarm, linkage, tripleclamps, hubs): Spanish (So I'm told)

Battery: Yausa (Japanese)

Brakes: AJP (Italian)

So what nationality is this bike, really? I think its a conglomeration of manufacturers from around the world. If you want to get down to the nitty-gritty, the frame and other key "character" components of the bike ARE made in France, but they are shipped with a certification tag on the frame and pre-shipping checkover card on the gas tank breather tube the reads in Spanish...It is my understanding that when they arrive on the dock and go through US customs, they do so under the Sherco license and pay SPanish tarrifs, NOT french.

Perhaps we should say, like many end-item product of the global marketplace, that the trials bikes are "assembled in Spain", and it will follow then that their enduro bikes are by that logic "assembled in France".

If the bike were indeed French, it would stink, too. It doesn't.

adios, caio, bonjour, ta, and goodbye

You can say the same with a lot of different bikes.

KTMs have most of their parts coming from outside Austria, it is still an Austrian company.

Sherco is a French company, and the enduro models were already made in Nimes, France, before Sherco bought them out.

Now, if you want to keep believing that it is a Spanish company, go for it, I'm out of this debate.

When one of the dirt bike magazines did a shootout between the 450s they said the Sherco was French. I will try to find the magazine. At least that is why I too thought it was French. Who knows, when I find the article it may say Spanish but that is not what I remember. It did get a very good review for a first year in the shootout bike.

I too believed they were a spanish company... we were all wrong.

But there you have it....they're "Hispano-French".

I once had a dog that was half Spanish terrier and half French poodle...

He spoke with a lisp and chain-smoked cheap cigarettes.

I too believed they were a spanish company... we were all wrong.

But there you have it....they're "Hispano-French".

I once had a dog that was half Spanish terrier and half French poodle...

He spoke with a lisp and chain-smoked cheap cigarettes.

LOL :thumbsup:

Sorry but Sherco enduro is definitively french. One of my riding buddy has been contacted by the factory to be their sales manager...but spannish or french, i'd prefer to talk about their enduro bikes 'cause they are a good and reliable alternative to KTM or Beta. Sorry for HVA but this former sweeden company is now so unreliable. a shame for a such company name !

I couldnt get the pictures to work.

Arent most bikes made of parts supplied from all over the place?

I think some Honda bikes are made in Brazil--and isnt the Gold Wing made in the USA?

Anyway--Sherco seems cool.