Off topic- Hunting.

I know this is a little off of the dirt bike topic, but it is related to the region. I recently bought a shotgun and I have been shootin clay for the past few months. In the thread that is a debate between Denver and the Springs, someone mentioned huntinh near Denver. Can anyone recommend any places to go small game and waterfowl hunting? I have heard that you can waterfowl hunt in the 11 mile canyon, and on the South Platte. What about out east towards Limon? Or even at the north end of the state in the Greeley area? Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Go out to Severance. Rent a blind. Shoot some geese. Drink some beer. Have good time.

This is what I've been told as far as shooting birds. However, I've yet to do it in Co.

If you want to talk about hunting elk, I might be able to turn you on to some areas...kind of like Hokie gives up info on good single track... ?

Seriously, along the platte is pretty good as far as dock and geese. Just don't shoot any Harons or Crains.

I shot one goose a few years back out at Bruces before. It must have been a new goose to the area because it was really flying low and right over our blind. But that's the only one I've every shot out there. Now we have had some private land to hunt on off of the pouter river that was nice but the owner sold out to a developer and now we are looking again. If you want good goose land you need to start knocking on doors now to find a good spot. It took us two days to find a guy to say yes we could hunt on his land.