Sign in to follow this  

I'm heading to WSU in 2 weeks and I need bike storage

The house I am moving into doesn't have any place to store a bike. Is there a company that has those little pods, or someplace I can store my bike close to campus?

I also need some new riding buddies once I get there!

Pullman has several storage companies on the outskirts of town. Do a google search for storage services in Pullman and you should be good to go.

Sounds like you are moving into a fraternity?? when you said 'house' does not have storage.

Good luck!

mx813 - class of '95

The house I am moving into doesn't have any place to store a bike. Is there a company that has those little pods, or someplace I can store my bike close to campus?

Will you have a place to park a personal vehicle? I saw a post on TT once, where the guy went ahead and bought a used van for transportation, mainly to store his bike in while he was at sea in the Navy.

I thought that would work well for college life too! Good luck, whatever you decide!

Haven't been back since about 2000, but there should still be some storage areas out there. If you get in a bind and you are in a fraternity see if one of the live outs has a place to store it for you. (I would suggest taking out a spark plug or making it un workable if you do).

Have fun it is a good time and remember you are there for school.

texas929 class of '97

Its a house very close to greek row at WSU. The garage was converted to a room.

I am taking my Explorer which I still have to buy a trailer to haul. I currently use my bro's utility trailer.

Well, parking space will be limited, probably to the street, so a trailer won't be too welcome by your roommates and neighbors.

I'd say leave the bike back at home until you find a place for it, a riding partner and a place to ride. If you can find storage for it, you can use a hitch mount carrier or perhaps find enough space for the bike and trailer. Parking it in your room may be another option.

However, your riding can wait. You've already given up the most memorial experience of college, that is living on campus. My life at WSU was much enhanced by living in a frat, Kappa Sigma... my last two years of off campus living was the worse mistake I ever made. I met so many girls and had so many friends, trips, parties and experiences living in the frat, that I wouldn't have had time to ride a bike. The winters there can also be long and cold, but having a large social circle filled with endless possibilities, 60 house members, sorority chicks, pantie raids, bed rides, keg cruises on Lake Coeur d'Alene, parties on the Snake River, functions, barn dances, more chicks, pledge sneaks, hog calls, hell-week.......Dang, I wish I could live that all again. Living off campus is a lot like what life will be after college...cooking your own meals, paying bills, making your own social life...... you'll have the rest of your life to do that, but only one chance to fully enjoy college life.

If you are a freshman, you'd do best to just concentrate on your grades. One sprained ankle can make getting around that hilly campus near impossible. WSU can be tough on freshmen, many of my friends flunked out on those 101 courses and were soon back at home.

I don't think he is coming into WSU with a Freshman status because I thought you had to live on campus your freshman year.

It will be a good time and I would second the keep things home until you get it figured out.

Have fun at The Coug when you can, I heard Shaker's was gone now so I would say have fun there too otherwise.