Sign in to follow this  

2007 DRZ400SM question(s)

I just put down some cash for an 07 and I'm pumped. I have a few questions maybe you guys can help me with. Should it be broke in completely stock or does it matter? I was considering the Yosh RS-3 from what I have read in here, do you have to re-jet if I put this system on? Also, if I find a used RS-3 will it fit a SM even if it came off a different model like S, same engine right?

Thanks, NOOB :thumbsup:

As far as breakin' it in...it doesn't matter if it's stock or not. Just remember to vary the rpms constantly and not beat the shit out of it for the 1st 500 miles. I imagine the yosh system will fit, but am not sure. And, yes, you'll have to rejet if you get it...you'll have to rejet anyway, because most of the suzuki dealerships sell them rich. Get the dynojet kit before you pick up the bike.

suzuki dealerships sell them rich.

More like sells them lean, no? :thumbsup: Just what Ive heard 'round here. Also, rejetting is only needed if you get yourself a full system (w/ header). If you get a slip-on (which is a waste of time if your looking for an improvment), you can bypass rejetting. Happy riding! :ride:

Thanks!! Another thing, will a 1 1/8 bar fit on the stock perches?

Yeah I want the full system, so I guess I'll get the Dyno jet kit and probably install it incorrectly :ride: . I have read on here the best way to break it in is to wail on it on the first spin :thumbsup: ?

Don't worry about "safe break-in" just wait till it's warmed up, and ride it hard, that will do it properly. About the only thing not to do, is hold it at a constant RPM. They come lean from the stealers and a full system will require rejet (if it didn't it would be gaining you nothing :ride: ). :thumbsup:

DRZ FAQ, new riders please read.

no 1 1/8 bars will not fit in the stock risers. pitposse.com sells universal fit clamps that will fit 1 1/8 bars. install is 15 min when done right.