Sign in to follow this  

1985 Honda XL 350 vs 90's era Suzuki DR 350's?

Some useful feedback beyond the obvious would be helpful regarding the differences between these bikes. Are the newer DR 350's lighter and more powerful than an 85 XL 350 for instance? Are there any other differences I should know about?

thanx,

:thumbsup:

If you compare the XL350 with the DR350 that was street legal, they probably had about the same HP. The later Suzuki would have more modern suspension but I don't believe it was all that great. The dirt only DR350 had a little more HP than either and better suspension. All were around 25 HP. I had an XT350 and a TT350 Yamaha and these contemporary bikes were about 25.5 HP for the TT350.

The later DR350S (street model) had electric start, as such it weighs more. With any bike that old condition is an important buyer concern. If I remember the DR had it's oil in the frame and thus ran cooler, the early XR's had cam/head problems if ran low on oil. I had a DR dirt model and it was a great trail bike. What about a DRZ400?

DR 350 and XL 350's are cheaper and that's my market for the time being :thumbsup:

I owned a XL600,2nd year after they went from 500 to 600s,and it was a dam good,reliable bike,It had decent power,and did OK off road,If you can get hold of a

XL350,in good shape,Id buy it,but Im sure you could find a DR350,or a clean XR 400 also.

Out riding one day,and met this guy with a DR 350,I let him ride mine,and I rode his,The DR 350 that I rode was one of if not the best bike for wheelies Ive ever ridden,it had a perfect balance point on the rear tire,It was so good,It felt like your were cheating.

What ever you do,just get one,It sucks to be bikeless.

Edited by XR_RON
G-14 Classified.