Sign in to follow this  

250 AP Mod? anybody

Ok guys. I am thinking of performing the Readbeard AP mod on my 05 CRF 250. In the how to, they shave down a rivet on the 450 AP cover. Well the 250 rivet is shorter than the 450(they show this), and they don't give a value on how much to shave off the 250 rivet. Does anyone know this amount?

i just did the mod without cutting the rivet and it worked awsome. i think you can buy shorter rivets from your honda dealer though

you don't need to do it on the 250... the rivet is short enough to let the ap lever follow the throttle lever all the way to wot

Yea,

I think Im gonna try that mod on my '05 also. Free horsepower, how could you go wrong?

Thanks to all the guys who are willing to experement on these things to tell us what works and what doesnt.

Another cheap performance mod is the homemade iCat. Good stuff guys. I love this website!!

Just did the AP MOD part 1 on my 05 CRF250R....I installed a boysen quickshot when I first got it about two years ago.....But the AP mod was like a breath of frsh air.....Instant response....BRRUUUPP.....:mad:

I used a small zip ty on the spring instead of wire.......The mod does give very noticable results. :mad:

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post up about it and share it with us!!!

Yea,

I think Im gonna try that mod on my '05 also. Free horsepower, how could you go wrong?

Thanks to all the guys who are willing to experement on these things to tell us what works and what doesnt.

Another cheap performance mod is the homemade iCat. Good stuff guys. I love this website!!

shweet! any info on how to make the homemade i-cat??