Sign in to follow this  

Raising link

Is there any other raising link for the rear shock besides the BBR one? lots of people said it doesn't work for the 230 only the 150. I want to raise the rear of my 230 without welding anything to the frame, but so far I can only find lowering links... any suggestions?

PS. Is there any linkage from other honda models that would also raise the rear end?

PRC makes a 2" taller seat foam. They say the crf150 seat fits the 230 as well. $76.

Yeah I'm not really lookin for a taller seat, I want more clearance between the fender and rear tire... :thumbsup:

cool man thanks! the shock is on the wishlist but a bit out of my price range at the moment :thumbsup:

Does anyone have experience with the joker linkage? does it actually raise the 230 up or is it crossmarketed like the BBR and fails to do anything?

I did a search and most people with a 230 say the Joker link raised the 230 1 to 1 1/2". One guy made an extenstion for his kick stand.

I've also done a search and so far the only people with the joker link had 150's including the guy that extended his kickstand... I need to know from someone for sure if it will make a difference on a 230. Dont want to dump 150 bucks on something that doesn't do squat!

I have the Joker on my CRF230. I also have inverted forks and a Works shock so we won't be able to compare measurements. What I can do tonight is take measurements of the bike with the Joker link (and the link itself) and then do the same with the stock link on my modified bike. It takes only 2 minutes to switch them out so its not a problem. I will send out what I find. There was a height increase when I switched it for it took a little while to get used to the new riding position. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but now I am used to it (maybe its becaused I had $140 reason to like it.)!

Here is what I found. With the bike standing vertical with no compression on the suspension other than the weight of the bike, the front part of the seat at its lowest point was 5/16" higher with the Joker link than the stock link. The rear of the seat was 11/16" higher with the Joker link than the stock link. When installing the stock link, it appeared I had to raise the rear suspension quite a bit more to insert the bolts, so without any compression on the suspension, it maybe possible that the difference is 1" as advertised. However, with inverted front forks (CR85's) and a Works suspension, I found the actual difference under load to be slightly less. I attached some pictures below of my bike with the Joker link installed along with a picture of the Joker link aligned with the stock link. The bolt pattern is about 3/16" shorter with the Joker link. I am not sure if the overall geometry of the bike is appropriate (ebeck could figure that out), but I will take the additional increase though it is slightly less than I had hoped for $140.

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg