Sign in to follow this  

KX100 factory sidestand

I don't know what year they quit making them like this, but the 1995 KX100 that I own has a tab on the frame with two threaded holes in it. The Kawasaki microfiche showed an accessory stand so I ordered the parts online, a stand, a few bolt, a bracket and spring for $68. Bolted it on and have an awesome kick stand for the bike now. I'm sure my daughter will like it a lot better when we stop on the trail for a break now.

My wife's '03 has no such bracket.... i would imagine they got rid of it around 1998 when they changed the plastics from the '91 - '97 type. they may have changed the frame a little to during this period.?.? this is a real bummer for me 'cuz i would love to put a sidestand on her bike. oh well...

My wife's '03 has no such bracket.... i would imagine they got rid of it around 1998 when they changed the plastics from the '91 - '97 type. they may have changed the frame a little to during this period.?.? this is a real bummer for me 'cuz i would love to put a sidestand on her bike. oh well...

Yeah, I checked the microfiche for the following years and it looks like the stand was available from 95-97. It would be easy to have a small tab welded to the frame if you wanted the factory stand.

Thanks for posting the info, will get one for my daughters 01 KX100 and fab a bracket !

I'll see if I can get a photo up here so you can tell where it goes.

While we're at it - does anyone know what bike I can get a petcock from with a reserve to adapt to an oversized fuel tank. The range on the KX100 is holding us back.

my 1997 kx 80 and 2 holes drilled in it by the fotpegs an di found thta thye were for a kikstand so i bought one an di love it....i wudnt buy a bike without one now lol

While we're at it - does anyone know what bike I can get a petcock from with a reserve to adapt to an oversized fuel tank. The range on the KX100 is holding us back.

I would imagine Kawasaki's enduro bikes have a reserve petcock :lame:

Try a KDX or KLX. I put the IMS tank on my wife's 100 and it had the extra hole already drilled for a reserve style petcock. Now that I think about it, my '04 KLX 110 has a reserve petcock on it that looks exactly the same as the 100, just that it goes passed "off" to engage the reserve. Looks like I'll have some mixing and matching to do...... :thumbsup:

I'll post any results......

My wife's 03 KX100 doesn't have a kickstand, but my sister's 91 does. The frames look exactly the same as best I can tell (I keep and do all the work on both bikes) except the obvious kick-stand tab. It wouldn't be much work to weld on a mounting tab then mount the kick stand to the newer bike.

Steahly makes a bolt-on stand that does not require welding.

Steahly makes a bolt-on stand that does not require welding.

This thread is over 2 years old. :thumbsup::thumbsup: