Sign in to follow this  

What's your spring rate?

I'm looking for guys my weight (160 lbs) that have had their XR4s rear shock revalved/resprung that can tell me what rate spring they're using and who makes it.

I've had mine revalved by WER but kept the stock 5.6 stock spring. Now I'm wanting to try a softer spring. Race Techs site suggests their SRSP 622854 5.4 for my weight.

Haven't been able to find an application for the XR by any other manufacturer.

Have you?

Evidently, I was looking at an old chart from Race Tech that I had bookmarked. I did a fresh search and the site now says stock is 9.8 and recommends the 9.0. for a different series spring than before. Glad I asked.

Thanks for the link, but I'm wondering if that isn't an old bookmark of your own, because I can find no reference that the TT store sells Eibach springs.

I do a search for that part # and it says it no longer exists.

Who else sells Eibach springs, besides XRs Only, they only have the 9.5kg.

Evidently, I was looking at an old chart from Race Tech that I had bookmarked. I did a fresh search and the site now says stock is 9.8 and recommends the 9.0. for a different series spring than before. Glad I asked.

Thanks for the link, but I'm wondering if that isn't an old bookmark of your own, because I can find no reference that the TT store sells Eibach springs.

I do a search for that part # and it says it no longer exists.

Who else sells Eibach springs, besides XRs Only, they only have the 9.5kg.

Go to part# search, in White Brothers put this 32631, that is the part number on my invoice from when I bought it. I just bought 8 months ago.

When you got "no longer exist" that means it didn't find it, and doesn't imply that it ever did exit.

Hey Ryder, give Race Tech a call on the phone. I just replaced the rear spring and fork springs on my 98 XR 4 about 6 weeks ago. The rear spring I bought from them was an Eibach while the fork springs were Race Tech units. I have had no issues with the Eibach spring. I think I paid $110. Good Luck!

Get the same thing. Part no longer exists.

Thanks anyway.

http://www.parts411.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=9&Product_ID=63240&CATID=53

You are doing something wrong. I tried it before I posted both times and just did it again, works every time. I can order it today from TT for $98.99, Shipping to Ohio is $7.49, but if you order $150 , then shipping is free.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/robert6959/spring.jpg

Yes, I was doing something wrong. When I copy and pasted the part#, I got a comma in there with it.

Thanks

Well I've talked TTs Bryan about the Eibach 890090 spring and they can't get it, not available. I called another placed that showed to have it, 411parts.com, and they can't get it either. Nor is the Race Tech SRSP6322090 spring available that I can find.

If any of you have a secret place you know of that might have a stash of either, I'd appreciate a heads up.

Thanks, I'll keep lookin too.

Well I found a spring. It's from Moto-Pro.com. The owner John was very nice and helpful. So if anyone can't find a spring for their XR give him a call. He has a full line of springs specific to the XR line of bikes.