how would you handle this?

quad trail through the woods, in good condition, pretty technical. one section there is a 100' straight with a mud hole toward the end(about 15' long). quad ruts only in hole, pretty deep with water. 180 degree turn (right hand) 5' the after exit. i have been going around it but i have tried to go through it recently. i would like to do it fast. i have tried sitting, standing, up on fuel tank, back on seat. can't seem to get it right. i am either too slow, too fast and over shoot (not fun), or i end up eating mud ? . i hit the straight wot, hit the brakes just before the mud, brake through it, and try to accelerate around the turn with my right foot down. the mud is very slick, the rest of the trail is a mix of rocks, hard pack mountain dirt, and a few springs to cross. i am trying to get my times down and this one section is really slowing me down. :ride:

instead of braking through the mud, slow down a little more before hand, and coast through it with the clutch in (get in the gear you want to turn with, 2nd odds are) and let the mud hole/water slow you down. get a little less speed before hand by braking but dont slow down so much before the mud/water pit.

at the very end of the water, get on the throttle again.

worth a shot

Brake hard before the water, shift down and lighten up the front end enough to keep it on top or above the water. Drop the front end down at the end of the water and brake if needed so you can make the turn.

build a ramp!! ?

Or you could do it like I do, Start in 2nd (or just be in 2nd from your previous obstacle) pop the front up just before the mud, lean back and go with it. If the front drops, shift down, and just ease through it.

i cant really tell from how u described it but i think that if its possible, u might wanna try braking mostly, a bit before the mud hole, then start gassing it and pin it threw the puddle until u get to the conner at the right cornering speed, then take the corner, and u might be able to go in the middle, were there is no atv. ruts, were its high ground and u can get ok traction, i'm not sure, tell me if that would work???

sAm.

Brake hard before the water, shift down and lighten up the front end enough to keep it on top or above the water. Drop the front end down at the end of the water and brake if needed so you can make the turn.

Like I said! Might take a few practice runs, brake before the turn. If you coast through the water, you'll get all wet!

well thank you for the replies. i will be going back up this weekend and get some pics. it is on my camp property in tioga county, PA. i will try a few different things mentioned here.

i would also like to clarify (for the brilliant ppl on here) that i am not on a quad, i am on a bike. replies like "quads are gay" are not needed. it's not the quads fault, just the people that ride them. ?

hey a quad got me started for 4 months then i begged to get a bike. the reason they try to do stupid things is cause they don't have balls to do it on bikes. like wheelies,donuts,and burn outs. see a biker could do it all the time cause you know he has perfected it and has control. i did a donut on my quad when i was a squid and flip it over and made it spin on one tire.