Sign in to follow this  

Race gas in the DRZ-SM

Guys,

I had a track day a couple of weeks ago so I bought a can of VP U4 fuel. It gave me an extra 2MPH on top compared to pump gas. I ran the first and last session on regular fuel and I was 2 MPH slower than all of the middle sessions that I was running the race gas. If you are willing to spend the cash on the fuel it is a fairly large difference from idle to redline.

The bike is stock except for a FCR and a pipe. I would imagine that the differences would be larger with a modded motor.

What are the jetting adjustments that you made for the race gas? If you didn't make any adjustments, did it run well and stronger or did it only run well at WFO?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you need to re-jet for the U-4 or for the R-Tech equivilant (Outlaw? maybe it's the 110) because the increased burn control elements are off-set by increased oxygenation(which acts to lean things back to near-normal)

I was using the standard FCR settings and it ran really strong from off idle to redline. No burps, hesitations, etc. I may have been able to get a bit more with jetting but I was happy with the gains for the effort I put in to it. I think you need to richen it a bit to get the max out of it though.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you need to re-jet for the U-4 or for the R-Tech equivilant (Outlaw? maybe it's the 110) because the increased burn control elements are off-set by increased oxygenation(which acts to lean things back to near-normal)

u4 is only 91 octane.

it does lean the jetting slightly.its not a issue unless the main jet is border line lean to begin with.