TT AIS kit NOT COMPARABLE TO GYTR!!!

Well, maybe I'm stupid or just thinking wishfully, but I ordered the TT AIS removal kit, thinking it was the same or comparable to the GYTR. What I got for my $33.95 was 2 small aluminum plugs and a platic cap. Thats right, no adjustable needle clip, no YZ throttle stop, no 48 main jet, like the GYTR comes with for $39 and the excluded parts are the expensive ones! I was more than a little disapointed and now very suspect of anything else I purchase from the TT Store. My total order was about $350 (thinking about sending it all back) ??:ride:

Go ahead, send it back. Then buy the POS Yamaha kit. Sure it comes with jet and t-stop that you can make on your own but wait till you see the garbage Yamaha AIS removal kit.

The point is that you can buy a jet anywhere and you likely need more than one size. You can make a t-stop but the AIS is only available from TT and Yamaha and Yamaha's really sucks. Ask anyone who used it.

The GYTR kit is different in that it provides caps rather than precision made plugs for the AIS removal. The TT kit, originally produced by Lowedog, is a permanent remedy, while the GYTR kit will allow the user to replace the AIS should he feel the need. What that need would be, I have no idea. Though the AIS portion of the kit functions the same as the TT kit, it comes down to a matter of preference. Furthermore, Yamaha's AIS removal kit is something of a glaring misnomer. The caps are the only thing that relate to the AIS. The needle, throttle stop and jet allow the carb to be set up in the manner in which it should be, ala YZF, not in the fashion dictated by CARB and the EPA in order to get the WR green stickered. It should be called the Yamaha Go-Screw-Yourself-Greenies kit to be entirely accurate, hence the disclaimer from their website:

This accessory may be restricted to closed-course use. This accessory affects emissions; installation on EPA-regulated 2006 WR models constitutes unlawful tampering except when used solely for closed-course competition. YZ models are for closed-course use regardless of modification. This performance accessory does not meet California standards for off-road recreational vehicle usage regardless of model. year.

Since the majority of riders on this board ultimately go with the JD kit and cut their original throttle stop down to size, the rest of the GYTR becomes superfluous. Again, it comes down to a simple matter of personal preference and willingness to part with your hard-earned dollars. So ease up on Valerie and the Brians...SC

Since the majority of riders on this board ultimately go with the JD kit and cut their original throttle stop down to size, the rest of the GYTR becomes superfluous. Again, it comes down to a simple matter of personal preference and willingness to part with your hard-earned dollars.

He'd be more pissed if he got 2 needles and 4 main jets for $70! ?

I too bought the Yamaha kit and im happy with it, complete kit with everything you need including instructions, The caps seem fine to me, not leaking or falling off, I have not seen a TT plug to compare it to though, maybe someone could post some pics, I can post the GYTR one installed for comparison if someone can post the TT one installed.

? Well perhaps a better description of The TT AIS Removal kit is in order. At least the GYTR kit shows you a picture of what you get when ordering it on there website. The Point I am making is that it is at least implied to me that the TT kit is comparable to the GYTR. Let me see and know exactly what I'm purchasing, DON'T IMPLY.

Your also correct the TT kit is pretty much a permanent solution where the GYTR can be removed and the AIS reinstalled. Why do that, well, to go back to green sticker compliances,if the bike needs to go to California, or local laws change requiring it.

I didn't consider the Yamaha kit, as I'd already bought pilot and main jets for $4.00 and my friendly local Yamatuner gave me a .020 shim to go under the needle. Cutting the stock throttle stop is a no-brainer and installing the Lowedog kit was also easy. My '05 runs great everywhere but 11-12,000 feet where it's a bit fat. I could stop and fiddle with the fuel screw, however I've found that I spend just fleeting moments at 12k that it isn't worth it to me.

Well, maybe I'm stupid or just thinking wishfully, but I ordered the TT AIS removal kit, thinking it was the same or comparable to the GYTR. What I got for my $33.95 was 2 small aluminum plugs and a platic cap. Thats right, no adjustable needle clip, no YZ throttle stop, no 48 main jet, like the GYTR comes with for $39 and the excluded parts are the expensive ones! I was more than a little disapointed and now very suspect of anything else I purchase from the TT Store. My total order was about $350 (thinking about sending it all back) :ride:?:ride:

Nathan, your return request is in our system and as long as the product is in new, unused condition in it's original packaging, there is no reason you'll not be able to return it for a refund. You submited a return request yesterday and most likely you'll receieve RMA instructions tomorrow. We sell this product by the gross so it will go back out as fast as it comes back. No issues returning it.

Just a few points of clarification:

- Our kit is advertised as a smog removal kit, not a jetting kit. It does an excellent job of professionally blocking off the factory AIS when removed, as advertised.

- Our kit is $33.95 (which includes free shipping on this particular part). We normally charge $7.49 for orders between $10-148.99, so in reality, the kit price is $26.46. Remember, the GYTR kit is $39 + shipping.

Frankly, we think the GYTR is not the best option. Why?

1. You have to remove your stock throttle stop if you use the GYTR included throttle stop, so why not just cut your stock throttle stop for free? This is literally a 2 minute job.

2. The needle you get in the GYTR kit has adjustable clip positions, but it's the same so so needle you have now. Most of our customers take the difference in cost between the GYTR unit an our AIS removal kit and apply it towards a JD Jetting Kit, where they get two, specially tapered/profiled needles and a variety of main jets (jetting from 0-12,000), making by FAR better throttle response and power. This is a vastly superior set-up for WR owners.

3. Feedback from customers is that our kit is of better quality than the GYTR, fitting better.

Now, here is where I'm confused. You did order a JD jetting kit. That said, why do you want the inferior GYTR needle? That just makes no sense to me. :ride:

To me, it seems like the only item of value in the GYTR kit is a YZ throttle stop, but again, you can cut your stock stop for free. What am I missing here?

In terms of being suspect of anything we do in the future, that is completely unwarranted. You made an assumption, it was incorrect and we're happily allowing you to return the product for a return. What's so questionable about that? ?

Like I said, we've sold tons and tons of these over the last couple of years and we have no shortage of people happy using the kit.

Your also correct the TT kit is pretty much a permanent solution where the GYTR can be removed and the AIS reinstalled. Why do that, well, to go back to green sticker compliances,if the bike needs to go to California, or local laws change requiring it.

Yamaha built the bike as a pig, knowing that every Cal owner would get their green sticker and pull all the crap off the bike to make it run right. Once you have a green sticker, their is no reinspection at some point in the future, like you have to smog your automobile. If you moved to Cal, you'd get a green sticker, with or w/o the AIS on your bike based upon the bike's VIN. I suppose the removeability of the AIS kit can be an advantage, for that 1 in a million chance you'd need to reinstall it. I guess that decision will be up to each owner.

Bryan, Thanks for the reply, And sorry if I was a over zealous in my criticism of TT Store, I was rather P'Od. The Forums you have created are of great value and much appreciated by all. I agree you have a right to be confused over my position, I ask you only to try to put yourself in my shoes for a second. The GYTR kit does not say anything about jetting in its description either, simply AIS Removal Kit, but does show the included kit items . A comparison is then likely to occur when selling your kit to the same consumer, especially since your kit neither show or describes what is included in your kit. Please forgive my critical comments, and I encourage you to update the description of your Kit. ?

He'd be more pissed if he got 2 needles and 4 main jets for $70! ?

Kind of a bargin when the performance benefits, in many cases are as good if not better than a full exhaust system at $500+ dollars.

The value in most jet kits is what the kit does, not the value of the materials. Hundreds of hours has to go into design and testing of each kit to ensure that it performs.

I bought a CRF250R when it came out in 04 and a JD jetting kit was the first mod, as I wanted more pull out of corners and better throttle response. For $70 bucks, it was a huge improvement, making the bike easier to ride and more fun. Worth the money? Yep.

Bryan, Thanks for the reply, And sorry if I was a over zealous in my criticism of TT Store, I was rather P'Od. The Forums you have created are of great value and much appreciated by all. I agree you have a right to be confused over my position, I ask you only to try to put yourself in my shoes for a second. The GYTR kit does not say anything about jetting in its description either, simply AIS Removal Kit, but does show the included kit items . A comparison is then likely to occur when selling your kit to the same consumer, especially since your kit neither show or describes what is included in your kit. Please forgive my critical comments, and I encourage you to update the description of your Kit. :ride:

Still, why do you want the GYTR kit when you bought a JD jetting kit? That's 39+ bucks for a throttle stop you can cut for free. What am I missing?

I do understand your points and they'll be considered, but for the sake of discussion, think about the following:

Our kit is strickly an AIS removal kit and that's how the name came about. It's a functional name essentially. The GYTR kit is NOT just an AIS kit, yet they named it the same our ours.

Did you know that our kit was on the market BEFORE the GYTRY kit? Smart marketing by Yamaha would say that you name the product the same as an already established item so your product shows up with it when people search online for it. ?

Seems to me that Yamaha's description is the one that needs to be changed, as it's too narrow and does not accurately describe its kit.

Again, I'm not saying that we're not going to consider any changes to the product's description. My points above are just for the sake of interesting discussion and to offer a different vantage point.

? I'm brand new to the WR450, just purchased an 06 a few weeks ago, so I am a novice. No,I did not know that your kit came out before the GYTR, and I agree theirs should be described as a AIS and Jetting kit. Of course I will let you decide how to run your own business, for what its worth you have my opinion. I am not sure how violating the Green sticker laws work out, but have heard a rumor the the EPA was handing out some pretty stiff fines. I did order the JD kit, but still needed the 48 pilot that I thought would arrive with your AIS so was not able to do the Mods until I get one.

Thanks again Bryan, your site is appreciated, perhaps because of it I will be more knowledgeable in the future.

I'd check with JD Jetting. I'm not aware that a 48 pilot is either required or recommended for optimal performance w/ their kit. If it was, they'd provide the jet, as the kit comes with a variety of OEM Keihin jets. I shot them an email as well, to see what they had to say. I'll let you know unless I hear from you first.

In terms of the EPA, that has to do with the bike mfg & dealer, not the consumer. For example, the dealer can't remove the AIS from the bike, but the consumer can. I suppose the consumer takes on the liability of doing so, but in reality, there is no way for the EPA, DMW or any other govt. body to enforce mods to dirt bikes that are not subject to periodic smog inspections.

An example of non-enforcement is states with sales tax. Technically, if you buy something over the internet and you intend to use the product in your state, you are required by law to report the purchase to the state so that you can pay use tax. Does anyone do it? Nope. Can the state do anything about it? Not really.

If you are ever in doubt, please call or email us. We'll always give you straight answers, so that you can make the best decisions possible. We don't hire people at our store that don't ride, so you'll be talking with fellow enthusiasts, just like you are here in the forums.

We'll email return instructions to you shortly, per your request.