Sign in to follow this  

Please help with tire selection!

Its time for a new front tire and when I went to order a D752 I realized that they dont make them anymore. Im really disappointed seeing as I have only washed out the front end twice while riding with it. (over a period of 8 months) So, I am wondering what tire I should get that is the closest thing to the D752.

Also, I was thinking of switching to a D952 rear because the Maxxis IT that I have been running does not grip at all on the track that I ride at. Lastly, the bike I ride is an '03 YZ450F and the tracks around here consist of 10% mud, 30% sand, and 60% hardpack. Thanks for all of the help!

You ride mostly hardpack, so i would reccomend a hard pack tire, but as soon as you would hit a soft section, the tire will not work well at all. Therefore, i would go for an intermediate tire, like the 952.

The 756 is a real good all around front tire. The 755 is better in sand and mud, and might give you an advantage in those turns? The 756 on the rear is a good compromise for grip and knob life. I haven't tried the 952, but I hear nothing but good reports.

The 756 is a real good all around front tire. The 755 is better in sand and mud, and might give you an advantage in those turns? The 756 on the rear is a good compromise for grip and knob life. I haven't tried the 952, but I hear nothing but good reports.

The 952 rear is a kick ass tire. I think I will use it exclusively and recomend it to others...its that good :thumbsup: