What's The Suzuki RM-Z450 Like?

I am a 250F rider but want something faster. I previously rode 450's not my own, but friends and felt they were too heavy (Honda CRF450R) and a little too powerful. I'm not sure wiether to get a 250F or a 450 next. :ride:

Thinking about it I'll probably have both, but either way from what I hear the Suzuki has a more usable powerband and is a better bike overall and more lighter. I love power, but i jsut need to know it;s not going to be too huge for me. I'm like 5,11 and 185lb's. I guess i can give it a try and if I don't like it I can sell it. What kinda of hours are you guys getting from motors/top ends? providing a perfect maintainance schedule and proper riding style of course. ?

Thanks

Regards RMZ... ?

if you can get a 450 get one of them instead of a 250. they are a lot faster and dont break down as much because you dont ride them as hard. My RMZ is awesome and its just an 05. I havent had any trouble with mine as of yet. Its got to be the best looking bike by far. good luck.

I am a 250F rider but want something faster. I previously rode 450's not my own, but friends and felt they were too heavy (Honda CRF450R) and a little too powerful. I'm not sure wiether to get a 250F or a 450 next. :ride:

Thinking about it I'll probably have both, but either way from what I hear the Suzuki has a more usable powerband and is a better bike overall and more lighter. I love power, but i jsut need to know it;s not going to be too huge for me. I'm like 5,11 and 185lb's. I guess i can give it a try and if I don't like it I can sell it. What kinda of hours are you guys getting from motors/top ends? providing a perfect maintainance schedule and proper riding style of course. ?

Thanks

Regards RMZ... ?

The 06 RM-Z is the smoothest powerband of all the 450's

The rmz 450 is a sweet bike. My buddy has one and I love it. It has a super linear power band and is easy to ride. Regardless of that, it will wear you out way faster than your 250. Your are in the size range for both so you have to make the call. Good luck.

Ive never understood the 250f thing... Id rather just get a 250 2 stroke.

Get the 450, the power is very smooth and it has heaps so you can grow into it. You wont be disappointed. Only shitty thing is the front brake is pretty average. The suspension is very nice (CRF is a bit nicer though).

The good thing about the RMZ is that it comes with a decent o-ring chain, great renthal tapered bars (I like the stock grips too), good bridgestone tyres and excel rims etc.

Ive never understood the 250f thing... Id rather just get a 250 2 stroke.

Get the 450, the power is very smooth and it has heaps so you can grow into it. You wont be disappointed. Only shitty thing is the front brake is pretty average. The suspension is very nice (CRF is a bit nicer though).

The good thing about the RMZ is that it comes with a decent o-ring chain, great renthal tapered bars (I like the stock grips too), good bridgestone tyres and excel rims etc.

No o-ring chain stock on my '05 ?

I'am 5-9 165 and traded my 250f for a 06 rmz 450 & I feel this bike turns great & is easier to ride than my 250f...I have more confidence with my jumps also...love the useable power but the bike does have alot of vibration thru the handle bars.

Ive never understood the 250f thing... Id rather just get a 250 2 stroke....

The "250F-thing" is about you get a very forgiving ride, decent power, good handling that won't get you tired right away = you can focus 100% on where to put the wheels instead of how to hang on to it ?

get an RMZ 450. They are really good. I had an 04 and 05 YZ 250 two strokes and before that 2 2002 YZ250Fs. As you can see I've had been on the YZ program for about 4 years. I got on my 06 RMZ 450 and loved it right away!! Killer bike and easy to ride!! Now what are you doing? GO GET ONE!!!

This should help you ! I'm 5'9" 195 and just got back into riding last Fall after a 17 year layoff. My last bike was a '84 RM125. After such a layoff, I still knew how to ride mentally, but physically was a complete different story. I had to choose between the zook 450 or the CRF450 ( the 450 king according to most mags ). I went with the Z primarily due to the user friendly powerband and better handling. Remember, it's alot easier to tinker with the power than it is to improve handling. When I bought the bike, the sales manager asked me if I was sure I wanted the 450 due to such a long layoff. I told him the same thing I tell others - no matter how much power a bike has, you are in control of that power ( especially if it's user friendly and not violent ). To say that I'm happy with the purchase is an understatement. It handles great and I've added a white brothers exhaust primarily for more overrev. I will probably have MB1 do the suspension in the spring. One thing you must remember, the cam chain is a manual adjust. It's easy - but you have to stay on top of it. Get one, tinker with the power if necessary, dial-in the suspension and let all the CRF450's see yellow going by while your'e hitting them with the old stone spray sandwich :ride::applause:?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Whtas Up. I Have An 05 Rmz-450 And I Love It Now. At First The Starting Was A Bitch But When It Got Broke In It Became Good. The Power Is Great I Traded A 97 Rm-250 For It. The Power Deleivery Is Completely Different, One Is A Constant Power And The Other Is A Burst Like Two Strokes. Depending On What You Like It Is Up To You

• 2 months later...

I haven't had a dirt bike in 7 years and ride a 9 foot big dog chopper,, I suck in the dirt but have a lot of fun , I always use the clutch , let off the gas when shifting , I don't beat on my bikes,, so with thats said,,

On the rmz,, finding nutrel on mine sucks, the clutch is high , I'm a little freaked out about the maintaince on these high tech 4 strokes, but this bike is easy to ride ,, if you want power just give it gas , on the street I hammer my brakes with no fear ,, on the dirt the rmz brake great ,, use both for max stopping power, I suck going into turns ,, but this thing on the whoops is amazing ,, 3foot whoops feel like 6inch bumps ,, I can't speak for a racer ,,but from guy looking to have fun with his son on the weekends ,, this bike is what I have always wanted in a dirt bike ,, if all the other 4 strokes are this much fun then you guys are to dam picky ,, no matter what you ride or drive there will always be something to bitch about .