Sign in to follow this  

Stator Plate

im ordering an irc in a few days, however taking the stator plate of is turning out to be a total bitch, iv got a impact driver and im hitting it full force and its not turning the 2 screws at all, i then took the bit from the impact driver and put it into a socket, trying to turn the screws like a normal screw driver the bit just shatter'd apart and also the screw are become striped, i dont want to try it anymore incase i total strip them, ther made of really soft metal, has anyone done it before, im thiking of taking it to a machine shop and getting them to do it to save alot of hassle

yep they are a bitch to get out sometimes... i currently have a impact bit broken off in the lower one on my motor.

what you'll want to do is take a punch and a hammer and tap the edge of the screw to knock it loose.. then go to the hardware store and get a suitable replacement

I've had to do this three times, If you have a dremel take a cutting disc a cut a slot into the screw, you have to go pretty deep and cut the stator plate some but if u make a slot through the screw you can use a flathead and it will break free pretty easily. Not the prettiest way to do it but it works, and I've done it several times.

they definately are in there good. I got mine out with an impact driver.