Sign in to follow this  

Raced My CRF230f on AMA Track today!

Well guys there is not much to say I have allways done woods riding until I have had a second taste on how I ride my 230 so I went to an Official AMA trakc today and raced in the 85 expert senior class keep in mind this is the first time I have raced I'm 15. So I signed up and everything and we got on the drop gate and i looked over and I had nothing but 85 2-strokes all around me about 10-12 and guess what I came in 2nd after battling the mud overcoming the bottom outs from my poor suspension on the jumps no powerbands in the straight away and 108 pound heavier bike I had it set in my mind I was going to get my ass beat well guess what the gate dropped my CRF230 beat them all in the wholeshot I destroyed them in the turns, hydroplaining accross mud, and clearing doubles i never would have thought I would get 2nd place................................ I mean even on my first try wow but I did lay my bike over through the whoop section and one rider got by but I got up and started my bike and keep going for anpther 2 laps and i was right on the kid in fronts ass i couldn't see because he hit powerbands before the finish line and drenched me with mud. Stupid dumb ass but I can't believe i did that good on my first race i can't believe it and on my 230 just when all the odds were against me I pulled ahead here is a success story for the CRF230f and I didn't even have my bike uncorked all I was with was BBR fork Springs well guys I think the 230 deserves more credit after I stomped those 85 expert seniors that is a true success story well let me know of any of you that have raced your 230 and me and you can discuss the things that go wrong on the track with our 230s except it is pretty much everything that is wrong I mean a trail bike on a mx track it's comical but I did it.

I guess no one is i :thumbsup: nterested.

A 230 whooping a bunch of 2 stroke 85's :ride: . Nice man :thumbsup: . Uncork the bike and maybe you can steal 1st.

well i was at a motocross track last year when i still had my 230, it was just for fun obviously but in this one turn this guy on an RM85 comes up beside me and revs the piss outta his bike in like neutral for sum odd reason and then looks over at me so i got the intention he wanted to see what i had, keep in mind this was my first time at a track with the bike, well lets just say he wont ever pull up beside a 230 again if he know whats good for him... after he did that i blasted through the next corner and covered him in mud and he comes up beside me as it was a short straight away and then a table top, i cleared the table top as did he but i got through the whoop section faster then he which surprised me cuz i didnt exactly know how to keep my balance properly cuz it was my first time, afterwards he comes up on me on a double i cleared it and he over jumped and looked as if he bottomed on the flat landing so he lost sum speed... lots of mud and pretty tall hills is what really kept my 230 ahead so i guess what im saying is, if its a good outdoor track with mud and hills the 230 will come ahead becuz of the four stroke torque... after about 3 laps of this track i stopped to have a break cuz of the beating my suspension took (it hurt me after awhile) i looked out on the track and saw the guy slowly driving as if he didnt want to be seen cuz a 230 jus beat his ass

I kick the hell out of 80's and 85's on my DR-Z all the time

Good job though on getting second. my first race I got last, got heat exhaustion during the race and almost passed out. But my second race I took home a 3rd and a trophy :thumbsup: My race was also in the mud (the second one My finishes were 4-2 and averaged to a 3rd.

Good luck in future races. :cry::ride:

Thanks Guys I noticed in that race the 85's were killing me with their suspension if I hit a double wrong I was screwed I bottomed out about 5 times but i second so I'm happy ohh I think I will uncork it so I will get first next time well I hope you all enjoyed my fortunate race see the thing was guys the day i raced was the day after we had a big rain storm and the track was horrible so that was my big advantage was having the mud machine the 85s didn't have my 230 but i will keep you updated because we are renting out the track raced on last weekend and I'm going to practice the whole weekend we rented it for the whole weekend sorry if I didn't specify that but I'm gonna go back and not just blow away the 85s I'm gonna race the 125s well I will let you know how it gos.

Thanks Guys I noticed in that race the 85's were killing me with their suspension if I hit a double wrong I was screwed I bottomed out about 5 times but i second so I'm happy ohh I think I will uncork it so I will get first next time well I hope you all enjoyed my fortunate race see the thing was guys the day i raced was the day after we had a big rain storm and the track was horrible so that was my big advantage was having the mud machine the 85s didn't have my 230 but i will keep you updated because we are renting out the track raced on last weekend and I'm going to practice the whole weekend we rented it for the whole weekend sorry if I didn't specify that but I'm gonna go back and not just blow away the 85s I'm gonna race the 125s well I will let you know how it gos.

:thumbsup: Your going to have to do a couple more mods then un-corking it just because there are now a couple of embarrassed 85 rider's that are going to mod their bikes to make sure they don't have a 230 pass them again :ride:

yeah well guess what it's not the bike it's the rider but in the CRF150s case it would have gotten blown away whether there was a good rider on it or not I can tell you now a CRF150 wouldn't have a chance out there.

:thumbsup: to all that laugh at the 230 cause I kicked the 85s ass!

well I've been riding expert trails for 4 years now and that race was my first race ever I'm 15 I've been riding bikes since i was 11 and riding quads since I was 6 but I quit riding quads a year ago and I'm a 100% dirt bike I don't like quads anymore but I'm going back on the weekend after this one coming up and racing again but they're moving me up in the classes. I have to say I had the only trail bike there and I looked stupid on this big bulky 230 next to these powerband, lightweight, racing suspended bikes I have to say eveyone thought the odds were against me.

yeah well guess what it's not the bike it's the rider but in the CRF150s case it would have gotten blown away whether there was a good rider on it or not I can tell you now a CRF150 wouldn't have a chance out there.

Ok, I'm glad you smoked the 85's, it's nice to suprise someone who isn't worried about you. It's fun to be the under dog. You must have a good feel for that bike. Alot of my friends ride the 230 and it's fun to watch them chase down 2 strokes in practice. But the 150 comment hurts. If you pulled up next to mine you would see the cr85 suspension, but what you would see is the 225 kit I enstalled. With 15 pounds less, you would get a run for your money on an uncorked 230. I don't like to be negitive, but that hurt having chased down my share of 85's and even some 250's. It's the rider that makes the biggest difference.

What class where you racing that let 230's run with 85's?

Looks like district 5 in west virginia may allow 230 4 strokes. Maybe super mini's 105cc 2 strokes

From district 5 rules.

7.3 CLASSES

Amateur:

* 0-110cc 4-Stroke (Automatic 12 and up)

100cc-144cc 2-stroke A

126cc-250cc 4-stroke

100cc-144cc 2-stroke B

126cc-250cc 4-stroke

100cc-144cc 2-stroke C

126cc-250cc 4-stroke

* 125-Open D (No Double Jumping)

145cc-250cc 2-stroke A

251cc-450cc 4-stroke

145cc-250cc 2-stroke B

251cc-450cc 4-stroke

145cc-250cc 2-stroke C

251cc-450cc 4-stroke

Plus 25 Age 25-up

Vet A Age 30-up

Vet B Age 30-up

Vet C Age 30-up

Youth:

0-51cc Class 1 Age 4-6 Per AMA Rules (Stock)

0-51cc Class 2 Age 7-8

Per AMA Rules (Stock)

0-51cc Class 3 Age 4-8

PW50/JR50/KTM

Oil injected

Per AMA Rules (Stock)

51-65cc Age 7-9 yrs. old

51-65cc Age 10-11 yrs. old

66-85cc Junior Age 7-11 yrs. old

66-85cc Intermediate Age 12-13

66-85cc Senior Age 14-15 yrs. Old

Note: NO BIG WHEELS In 85cc Class

80-105cc Open Mini 10-15 yrs. old

Std. and Big Wheels

86-125cc School Boy 12-15 yrs. old

No 126cc or larger 4-Strokes allowed

Good job, it's almost all rider. I've beaten an KX 80 already just because he couldn't ride very well.

1996CR125,

That's a great story. :thumbsup: Good for you. I got bad news for you though. At this very moment, there are some 85cc guys gathered in a garage and they want revenge. Looks like you may have to step it up because they'll be gun'n for ya. :cry:

Don't let us down now. If you don't podium next time, we might lose a little respect for ya.

That's all the slack I'm giving you. You don't have to win next time, but you have to podium. Can you do it? And yes, that is a challenge. Don't fail us 4 strokers. We're a mean crowd! :ride:

:thumbsup: This guy has class!!!! He pm'ed me about my post and I have to say I was impressed.

Uncorkit and give em he!! Some one tell him what to install, as I have a 150.