Sign in to follow this  

Any of you fairies up for next weekend?

Hu?

I should have my new chain and sprocket early next week, and I should have my new brake hose mid to late next week - SOOOOOO - I'm up for riding.

Been a few weeks now.

Blew the hub, had a lymph node infection, and all other stuff, so I'm jonesing to ride.

WHERE?

Rocket on Saturday the 5th, or Sunday the 6th???

I know none of you pansies like Rausch, so I won't mention that one, but it will be my fallback in case no one wants to go anywhere.

How's Irish Valley been? THat's not my favorite place (price, and size of tracks)

BUT, lets get a bit of a tally here. Who wants to eat KTM roost...and where would you like to eat it?

go to racewayparks open practice on saturday..you gotta' be an ama member

ill feed your cr roost there, or atleast try too:D

ive never been to rausch but i heard the track design is retarded and the dirt is hardpack, maybe your katoom gets traction..the rest of us dont :thumbsup:

... maybe your katoom gets traction..the rest of us dont :ride:

That's called 4-stroke TRACTABILITY...... :thumbsup:

I'd love to try Raceway sometime - but dang, $79 bucks to ride, plus 50 bucks for gas (144 miles each way) = $129 to ride!!!

THAT's a tough chunk of change to swallow for a ride.

Rausch can be very hardpack. I don't know if I'd say the design is bad - but it is a tighter track. No real speed sections. It's really not too bad a place.

It's the kind of place where, if you get good there, you'll have NO problems anywhere.

haha yea i know dirtbiker, the 4-strokes hookup good in the hardpack but ive ridden the newer crf's and they rev out pretty quick..never rode a ktm but i heard from my friend and gasp..magazines that the power is real smooth lol

as far as raceway goes dethwshbkr..i can guarentee you wont be dissapointed but that is a big chunk of change and you'd better get there early if you want to make the most of it..the track is just really fun and has awesome dirt

ive been meaning to head down to bluediamond in deleware and also atco which is open friday nights and tues nights if thres a race that weekend..

The '04 CRF450 was essentially a baby '01 KTM 520.

Same feel to the power, just much weaker.

KTM is incredibly smooth. My '04 450SX has no hit whatsoever. It almost feels sluggish, but it's not.

My dad's '00 yz426F, I hate. NO bottom end. Around 1/2 rpms, it picks up, but dang, NO bottom end.

Hu?

I should have my new chain and sprocket early next week, and I should have my new brake hose mid to late next week - SOOOOOO - I'm up for riding.

Been a few weeks now.

Blew the hub, had a lymph node infection, and all other stuff, so I'm jonesing to ride.

WHERE?

Rocket on Saturday the 5th, or Sunday the 6th???

I know none of you pansies like Rausch, so I won't mention that one, but it will be my fallback in case no one wants to go anywhere.

How's Irish Valley been? THat's not my favorite place (price, and size of tracks)

BUT, lets get a bit of a tally here. Who wants to eat KTM roost...and where would you like to eat it?

Hey if you wanna do some real riding (if you think you can keep up) let me know and I'll take you somewhere secret and hand your ass to you :thumbsup: Oh and by the way there arent any pretty groomed I know whats around then next corner, I think I can hit it faster on the next lap, everybody watch me go, motocross tracks :ride:

Not on the 450. If I still had my 520 to ride - I'd say sure! That was my woods-able bike, and I'd at least try whatever you'd have! That 450 though, not even close to a woods-able machine. Stalls entirely too easy, it doesn't carve out tight sections like my 520 did, and the suspension is not even close to set up for anything but track time. Teeny little off camber/slanted roots would send me off the side on that thing!!

THe guy in the full face Arai, the blur Thor gear on the PIG DRZ is me....so I'll try anything :thumbsup:

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=87917795&imageID=901499483&MyToken=b0d1b5cf-2f0c-491b-9917-6fdc25537fd4

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=87917795&imageID=901532364&MyToken=b0d1b5cf-2f0c-491b-9917-6fdc25537fd4

4-Chris%20groove%201.jpg

14-superbowl%20point.jpg

16-ducking%20thru%20trees.jpg

31-chris%20looking%20at%20out.jpg

42-1s%20hill.jpg

4:00 am? so? I can't ride this weekend anyway! That's why I said NEXT weekend!! :ride:

Not on the 450. If I still had my 520 to ride - I'd say sure! That was my woods-able bike, and I'd at least try whatever you'd have! That 450 though, not even close to a woods-able machine. Stalls entirely too easy, it doesn't carve out tight sections like my 520 did, and the suspension is not even close to set up for anything but track time. Teeny little off camber/slanted roots would send me off the side on that thing!!

THe guy in the full face Arai, the blur Thor gear on the PIG DRZ is me....so I'll try anything :ride:

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=87917795&imageID=901499483&MyToken=b0d1b5cf-2f0c-491b-9917-6fdc25537fd4

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=87917795&imageID=901532364&MyToken=b0d1b5cf-2f0c-491b-9917-6fdc25537fd4

4-Chris%20groove%201.jpg

14-superbowl%20point.jpg

16-ducking%20thru%20trees.jpg

31-chris%20looking%20at%20out.jpg

42-1s%20hill.jpg

4:00 am? so? I can't ride this weekend anyway! That's why I said NEXT weekend!! :cry:

Come on man my buddy rides a 04 CRF450R and flys in the woods, just give them clickers alittle spin :thumbsup:

i will be at rocket next weekend. i was at irish valley this weekend and it was great all the turns had ruts/burms. they dumped alot of woodchips and sawdust down.

DWB why do you keep breaking hubs? Overtightened spokes or not enough chain slack?

My dad and uncle keep saying I have the chain too loose - causing the chain to try to slide up over the teeth and putting a side load on the sprocket, as well as causing an excessive slap on the sprocket when the clutch is dumped, ripping it out.

I keep telling them that is how a KTM chain should be.

ONe thing - I have a MISERABLE time keeping in sprocket bolts.

I use brand new Yamaha (8mm hex head) bolts, and NEW ny-lok nuts and RED lok-tite - and I STILL occasionally loose sprocket bolts.

I think that is the problem.

This wheel I bought last year, the one that just failed....the bolt holes were mildly elongated - and I'm concerned that is what caused the failure.

After I replaced the hub on my 520 with a Talon, I never had any other problems. KTM's hubs are a cast aluminum, and a Talon is billet aluminum - and I am sure the cast aluminum is not nearly as strong.

I have been using aluminum sprockets though - and it seems aluminum sprockets universally have caused a problem with sprocket bolts. Seems the softer material allows the bolts to loosen.

I ordered a DID ERT2 chain and an Ironman rear sprocket - so I HOPE this is the end of my hub woes.

I feel you on the hub problems man.I sheared all 6 bolts in half at rocket this past weekend.But since I am about the only other sucker on here that will go to rausch let me know if you wanna go sometime(during the week is best).

dethwsh, if your chain is too tight, wont it cause the spokes to blow out?

could wheel alignment be at fault for the hubs going?

could wheel alignment be at fault for the hubs going?

If I'm that podunk - I don't deserve to ride.

Would anyone be up for Miles Mountain sometime very soon???

I've never been there, yet, I never hear anything but absolute joy about that place.

It's a 3 hour drive from here in Hershey, so it's a haul - but I'd love to try it sometime.