Sign in to follow this  

1/4 throttle bogging

OK on my 200xc, when i hold it at 1/4 throttle in any gear, it likes to sputter. it doesnt really bog, but i sounds like its cutting out rapidly and repeatedly, it never shuts off. it just sputters/isnt smooth

Assuming everything else is OK with the bike, sputtering usually indicates rich jetting. 1/4 throttle is best adjusted by either needle diameter or clip position. Try dropping the needle (raising the clip) one clip position. If that doesn't work, you might want to try a needle that's one or two steps larger diameter.

OK on my 200xc, when i hold it at 1/4 throttle in any gear, it likes to sputter. it doesnt really bog, but i sounds like its cutting out rapidly and repeatedly, it never shuts off. it just sputters/isnt smooth

What jetting are you runnig?

whatever comes from the factory

when i bought my 04 200 i put a larger needle in it to make it run leaner, and i had to go one step larger on the main. mine was very rich at low rpms, but it had a lean spot at very high rpms.

before i changed mine i would foul a plug every 2 or 3 rides. i changed it probably a year ago, and i've only fouled one plug since then.

Tommy

i dropped it one, and the bogging was still there, so i dropped it one more (the clip is on the very top rivet) and it seems that it has gone away