Sign in to follow this  

Help with Husky TE610 jetting.

I have a new TE610 with the Keihin FCR.

I bought the JD jetting kit for the 510 which I think is the same carb.

I wanted to use your idle technique with the fuel screw to get that right.

I changed the pilot to a 42 from the stock 45. I changed the needle from the stock to the red one from the kit. Clip in 5th position. This is what the kit says.

I left the 172 main in. Main jets are all over the place on the internet forums. From 170 to 185. I thought I'd start with the 172 with the new red tip needle, which is the usual choice. The kit says to use the 180 main.

I also put in a scotts mixture screw to make it easier to adjust.

The bike starts fine and revs fine. I tried to adjust the idle with the fuel screw like your pilot jet sticky mentions. The fuel screw has no effect on the idle. I turn it all the way in to 3 turns out and no difference in the idle. Did I put something back together wrong or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks !

Frank Smith

South Carolina

Right. All the way in and still idles.

Something must be put together wrong.

I did change the fuel screw to the scotts adjustable one. Thats the screw under the intake on the engine side, right ? I put the spring on the new screw but don't think I had a washer on top of the spring. Could that be the problem ?

Turning the fuel screw does not effect the idle.

Thanks for the response.

Frank

There have been reports of certain idle mixture screws not fitting correctly and exhibiting this symptom. As an experiment you may want to put the original fuel screw back in and see if anything changes. Check the Husky TT forum for more info - posted about a week or so ago.

Thanks coffee.

I put the old fuel screw back in and it works as expected.

Can't tell by looking but they must be different.

scfrank