Sign in to follow this  

Probably selling the DRZ...need value estimate

Hey guys...looks like I'm probably selling the DRZ...things are changing and I need to be saving the monthly payment. Would ya'll mind helping me get a good starting value for it. :ride:

2005 S model - 4200 miles or so.

Clarke 3.9

Gel Seat

New plastics

Diamond headlight

BD LED tail

flush blinkers

Skid plate

Pro tapers

New grips

Emgo Handguards

CFC's

Unabikers

MCCT

E base gasket

Terraflex tire with only about 3 hours dirt time

Brand new yellow tank, yellow rear fender and yellow front fender will come with the bike too.

Plus a number of other goodies that don't really matter.

If I am able to sell it, this would also mean that the SM wheelset would be up for grabs. :thumbsup:

Another option...is to set it back to stock somewhat and sell off some items like the yosh...and the extra yellow fenders and tank.

Anyways, any help is appreciated. Thanks guys. This is a sad, sad day.

A sad day for sure, Jeff. I'd love to take those SM wheels off your hands. Unfortunately I don't have the cash either! Good luck. I hope you get what you need for the bike & parts...

Most people have found that they can make more money back if they sell off the good bits seperately. That said, check the local cycle trader, craigs list, and free ad type papers to see what others are asking for theirs. If you have one from a month or two ago ask and see if they sold it and what they got for it if they'll tell you.

Sorry to hear that. If it were an E I would say part it on Ebay but since it is an S, you will make more money putting it back to stock, selling the bike and auctioning the aftermarket upgrades on Ebay.

And since you are in California, you might consider auctioning the bike on Ebay as well.

I noticed that California bikes always sell at a huge premium because of the smog/used bike restrictions over there.

The 'average retail' NADA Guide price for this bike is $4,390, the 'low retail' is $3,340.

What would you guys pay for this bike assuming those NADA guides are the correct $ amount?

With the money you are saving on gas, could be saving the amount of your payment. Thats what i would tell myself. :thumbsup: I hate to see anyone having to give up their bike!

What would you guys pay for this bike?

Thats the problem.,. We already have one,, so it's not worth much to us,, would need to be screaming deal.. :thumbsup: As has been said.. Your in CA, so a platable DS bike is a premium.... Search Ebay closed auctions see how much they went for in the last 6 months.. Search Craig's list for the same info. Ebay is cheap to list.. List one At the high end $$ price. If it does not sell, try again. Cycle trader is cheap too.

My guess is,, Mid $4k range for the right buyer.. Much more then that, most are going to buy new... even if we know your bike package is a better deal.

That's what I used to tell myself. I take public transportation to work and use it strictly for recreation. Not only that but it cost me $13.00 to fill up yesterday...I remember when it used to be like $5 or $6. :thumbsup:

Thats the problem.,. We already have one,, so it's not worth much to us,, would need to be screaming deal.. :thumbsup: As has been said.. Your in CA, so a platable DS bike is a premium.... Search Ebay closed auctions see how much they went for in the last 6 months.. Search Craig's list for the same info. Ebay is cheap to list.. List one At the high end $$ price. If it does not sell, try again. Cycle trader is cheap too.

My guess is,, Mid $4k range for the right buyer.. Much more then that, most are going to buy new... even if we know your bike package is a better deal.

I've been checking around...Not much on craigslist that's comparable and I've only looked through the actives on Ebay...I'll check the closed. Thanks Bronc!

I'm just hoping the prices aren't right right now so I can keep it!

One other point, if your anything like me i need something for stress relief and i figure the bike is probably cheaper than therapy! You have to have some kind of recreation. I'm sure you will do what you need to do. Just trying to help. :ride::thumbsup:

Jeff,

My friend sold his 05 S in yellow HERE in California (Bay Area) on Craigslist. It was listed at $4500, no bites other than "low ball" e-mails. Took him about a week and found a buyer for 4K even. It's only mods were the Dynojet, a set of dirt tires and a modified stock tail light. Oh and it also had less miles than yours.

Does that help?

I think I would rather be homeless than bikeless

I'll be getting another bike. No worries. Just not for another 6 months or so. I'm with you on that.

Jeff thats big news.... I wish we had got to do some more riding. But with all my "luck" (if you can call it that) for about the last year.... :cry::ride: Anyways you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope to see you get that other bike in 6 months.

Stop in and say hey ever so often here on TT. Maybe I could stop by sometime and let you try out the 450 when its back up and running?.... maybe drink some of your beer.... :ride::thumbsup: