Sign in to follow this  

Western North Carolina riders.....

I need some general info on the riding from Winston-Salem to Asheville. Where would be a good place to live in your opinion for singletrack and MX..

i used to live in the raleigh area and I would recomend getting as close to central NC as u can. there are nore tracks and the general areas and towns tend to be nicer too.

NCDirtrider has a listing of just about all the tracks in NC and upstate SC. The best riding is going to be from about Winston Salem, west. There are two good hare scramble series that operate mainly in the foothills of NC and that's where ORV parks are as well (Uharrie, Brown Mtn, Wayetta, and Brushy Mtn).

NCSHA

and

Mideast series

I need some general info on the riding from Winston-Salem to Asheville. Where would be a good place to live in your opinion for singletrack and MX..

If you are into both MX and off-road then you need to look into the Hickory/ Statesville area. That would put you in the middle of a lot of good riding. You could also commute to the Charlotte area to work if needed.

go to warihutt sry for speeling something like that it sounds like warrior hut without the ior on warrior about an hour above franklin fun if you want a techicnal challange try the upper telico real rocky