Sign in to follow this  

Washougal Nationals-what to take?

I'm going to the Nationals tomorrow with 2 boys 7 & 13. I've never been to Washougal. I've heard it's a pain getting out so I'm taking some stuff to fix dinner in the parking lot after the race & just relax a while.

My question is what should I take with us to watch? I was thinking 5 gallon buckets for the boys so they can see over the adults or sit on them. Do you guys pack chairs in there or is it just a standing event? Any other tips are appreciated.

What are "PADDOCK PASSES"? $15 each. Is it like a pit pass?

We'll be packing a couple camel backs too.

Thanks

:thumbsup:

We're bringing chairs, cooler, and umbrellas, it can get real hot real quick if you don't show up early enough to get a spot in the shade.

My question is what should I take with us to watch?

Me...take me...your kids can sit on my shoulders and I cook a mean BBQ...

Yeah, you should take me. :thumbsup:

I'm not going to spoil it but I'll say it was well worth admission. Some great dueling. First time to an outdoor MX race. I liked it more than the supercross. It's nice to be able to move around & get different vantage points.

Washougal is a beautiful area. The track looks like it'd be fun to ride except for that drop off where the pros peel their tear offs while in the air. :ride: It'd be nice to have half the confidence & skills those guys have on a bike.

:thumbsup:

I taught in Washougal for two years and never made it to a National there. Last year we drove 400 miles to Nationals and loved it. My wife thought it was the coolest thing in the world and we all had a blast. I went to Supercross in Seattle this year and it was lackluster in comparison to the outdoors at the Shoug! You are correct, Washougal is the most beautiful setting for a track in the US :thumbsup:

I do want to know the results as we will be out of town Saturday. Can you PM me the details please???

Man that was an amazing day and long one, just walked in the door...that traffic leaving sucks...it took 2 1/2 hours to get to I205, but well worth it and I will go back.

I am so glad we went early to get pit passes. It was so cool being only feet away form RC and bubba and many of the others.

Then comes the races...simply amazing, these guys are so fast and fun to watch. The big bike races were two of the best I have ever seen...they were so exciting.

This was my first national event and I can't wait for next year. I love the outdoor...you could walk all over the place and view from everywhere. I also have to agree with the above about the track...simply beautiful I have not been to any of the other national events but can't see to many of any being better.

Well now it is off to bed I am sooo tired...I need to get rested up, I want to go ride on Tuesday.

Today was simply the best race of any sort that I've ever been to. If you weren't standing during the 450 moto's and it was within you physical capacity to do so, you are NOT a race fan of any sort. The weather this year was sooo much better than last year, the heat at last years race started making me sick.

Yeah, traffic control isn't one of the police force's strong points apparantly, we were some of the lucky few that got routed AWAY from town to get on 14, it was an hour and a half before we passed through Washougal and started for I205. I was just waiting for a wreck, fight or both the way people were acting in the parking lot.

The racing was great, can't wait to see how it looked on TV Joe has posted some nice pics. on the picture forum nice pics BTW. The ride out was not bad for me. rode the drz hit the back roads over the mountain got home in 45 min. with a pit stop. the hardest part is getting out of the parking lot in a car.