Sign in to follow this  

First time at track tomorrow!

Hey guys, didn't know whether this belonged in the MX Riding Technique forum or here, but I am going to the track for my first time tomorrow on my 2003 KX250. Friends were telling me horror stories about other friends who went their first time and ended up with 2 broken legs and a broken arm. Was just wondering if you guys could give me some tips/pointers for a track first-timer. I am going to the track in Lake Elsinore, southern cali.

Have fun, take it slow and easy, and slowly work your way, faster and faster, and most important HOLD YOUR LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride to the edge of your abilities and don't pass them because if you try to rideoutside of your own potential than you might end up hurting yourself. Have fun, relax and take it easy on the harder obsticals (it is only your first time on the track). Don't stress no one will judge you if you ride slow. Have fun on the track.

[Abandoned]

Find the fastest 40 year old and ride behind him for 5 laps then let her rip. 40 year olds have to work in the morning.

What the pros before you ride to learn what lines they take. Then once you do get into a line stay there if you even think someone is coming up on you. Stand up as much as you can and find a small jump and start working it until you can clear it. Just concentrate on one jump at a time and roll the others. If this is your first time you will be the slowest guy out there. No big deal, just stay comfortable and have fun. If you aren't sore the next day in your legs then you weren't standing enough.

Just ride the vet track and hold your line. The fast people will look out for you if you stay in your line. Also they water that track like crazy so don't go back on the track for like 10 minutes or so after they water it. Have fun! Oh also when you're done go across the street to Dejong's Dairy and get some fresh chocolate milk...mmmmm. Best chocolate milk in the world lol.

What the pros before you ride to learn what lines they take. Then once you do get into a line stay there if you even think someone is coming up on you. Stand up as much as you can and find a small jump and start working it until you can clear it. Just concentrate on one jump at a time and roll the others. If this is your first time you will be the slowest guy out there. No big deal, just stay comfortable and have fun. If you aren't sore the next day in your legs then you weren't standing enough.

I agree with him! Whatever you do dont go oner your riding abilities or you will end up hurt! Just keep in your line and focus on smaller jumps! Dont worry about people who clear the big jumps, they been riding for a long time and have a lot of experince!!! First time i went to the track i lasted anlt about 30 min and crashed! I did what i wasnt suppose to do as a first timer! I crashed got bent handlebar and a clutch lever and that ruined my whole day at the track :cry: !! My second time i did better and lasted 1 hour jk i rode the whole and just had fun instead of pushing myself ! And even though i was one of the slowest people on the track i still had fun! Remember that everyone has their first time :ride::thumbsup: !

Find the fastest 40 year old and ride behind him for 5 laps then let her rip. 40 year olds have to work in the morning.

:thumbsup::ride::cry::ride:

This is so true. As a 40 yr old, EMPLOYED guy, we try not to take too many unnecessary risks.

I road on the track for a first time a couple weeks ago, it was a blast. However, be careful off jumps. I came off one of my first jumps too fast and the front end came up too high. I ended up breaking the rear fender. Just take your time off the jumps, the other stuff should be pretty natural.

Yeah, just take it easy and don't worry about people passing you and stuff.Hold Your Line!! I should be out there today. Well good luck

Have fun, take it slow and easy, and slowly work your way, faster and faster, and most important HOLD YOUR LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is the best thing to do

I guarentee it

Dont ride all over the place or youll get landed on

HEY HEY thats not true

I miss work on mondays sometimes :thumbsup::ride:

LOL

Yeah, just take it easy and don't worry about people passing you and stuff.Hold Your Line!! I should be out there today. Well good luck

Ahh, well you might've seen me make my bike go vertical off of one of the tabletops! Came down, broke my rear fender clean off, really tweaked the handlebars, and my knee/back is now sore! :thumbsup: Well, I had a blast for the 45 minutes I was there, haha.

Well atleast you know what to expect now. Next time you can push harder on the part your comfortable on and you'll know where to watch out.

I don't remember did you see me on a kx 100 # 37? I finally hit the step up on the pro track. im so proud. haha

I don't remember did you see me on a kx 100 # 37? I finally hit the step up on the pro track. im so proud. haha

That KX100 is a sharp looking bike

If "the stepup" isnt a good enough description, Next time you sware you saw a bird flying overhead that looked like a dirtbike, Thats the jump.

that jump is amazing. tobad i cant touch it yet. i ride elsinore pretty much every sunday. i hope they add more jumps and stuff to that extra vet section they put in.

Ah! The step-up! I was a little too scared to hit that thing. I might've as I got more comfortable. I was focusing on clearing the tabletops. Sadly, was there for only just under an hour. I plan on going back though, because it was a blast!