Sign in to follow this  

Hungry Valley (Gorman): Aug 5-6 2006

Weather is gonna be about 20 degrees cooler than last trip and I still have the itch to ride... so I am gonna travel light and do the weekend in Gorman sleeping under the stars... Should be a great weekend for it...

Come one... come all... Let's go riding !

080506_gorman_stats.gif

I just signed up to your site. I'm working on a possible day trip on Saturday to meet you guys. Are there people there that don't ride? My wife might be with me and our 3 month old son, and I wanted to see if there were people that she could hang out with and enjoy the weather with.

I don't think so this trip... I think it's gonna be all boys ready to ride this time... Lot's of times there are wives, kids, families and social time... but this trip she might be hanging just her and the baby while we are out riding... Our camp has a beautiful view of the valley so if she enjoys quiet time... with a book and a beautiful view she would be set...

i'm gonna join your site 2nite or 2morrow, my wife will have to set it up...i'm computer illiterate :thumbsup: what camp ground are u gonna be at? are u riding in the park, or in los padres forest? i would love to come up and meet for riding on saturday... i love gorman...one of my favorite spots. i can't wait for ocotillo :ride: i would like to meet some of you guys....my buddies are always flaking on me..would be nice to meet some nice peeps to ride with..i'm too old for the XTREME SCENE hahahaha..it sounds like you all are older and more settled down :cry: (32yrs old, married w/15 mo old daughter...daddy's princess) if i am welcome... i will meet you all on saturday...hope to c u there.

You are very welcome to come... Just (have your wife) click on the RSVP button and we'll send you an email with directions to camp...

Our guys range in age from 16 to 60 literally... Have lot's of singles and families... A few noobies... a few advanced... and lots of weekend warriors of varying skill levels...

We split into smaller riding groups so quads are with quads... forest guys are with forest guys... fast riders run together... safe and sane trail riders run together... and people switch groups all day depending on what they wanna ride...

We have multiple small groups coming and going on the riding... but we all enjoy camping together and doing the social thing... and every trip is a different crowd too cause we have almost 140 members in SoCAL and each trip draws 5 to 25 people... so you never know who you are gonna meet...

We are in the beginning stages of kicking off NorCAL RIDERS and AZ RIDERS for the 2007 season... That will expand your group of riding buddies and resources to maps and such to other more distant riding areas for those vacations where you actually get to take the bike and see new places.

You'll have a built in group of pals all over the SouthWest and Pacific Coast. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!!! I'm very familiar with all the camp grounds in hungry valley...i'll get joined up tonight, and will definately be there for a saturday ride

:ride: SOUNDS LIKE A BLAST!!! I'm very familiar with all the camp grounds in hungry valley...i'll get joined up tonight, and will definately be there for a saturday ride

:thumbsup:

I wish I could join this ride :thumbsup: but I am tearing in to my suspension so i can drop it of at pc and get her set up for my lard arse.

i joined your site, had the wife email the pics....i couldn't rsvp....do i have to wait a few days? i think we did everything right?....got your email, and i think we fixed it :thumbsup:

i joined your site, had the wife email the pics....i couldn't rsvp....do i have to wait a few days? i think we did everything right?....got your email, and i think we fixed it :ride:

Welcome... :thumbsup: Just use the guest RSVP for now... You'll get a login email late tonight...

Can I go?? If so let me know where everybody will be meeting and what to look for.

I tried to sign into your site to get locations to no avail. I'm kinda old and dress dorky but ride pretty decent.

Alex

I had the same problem - RSVP is shut down as the admin has left for Gorman I guess. I sent in my stuff, but I guess it was too late.

Now, do I drive 4 hours and take my chances finding everyone, or do I get a hint?

Can I go?? If so let me know where everybody will be meeting and what to look for.

I tried to sign into your site to get locations to no avail. I'm kinda old and dress dorky but ride pretty decent.

Alex

I replied to your email... You did not include a web address i the email as it said... and your return email address in the email was junk... It just bounces back NOT VALID... Nothing I can do to help you...

I had the same problem - RSVP is shut down as the admin has left for Gorman I guess. I sent in my stuff, but I guess it was too late.

Now, do I drive 4 hours and take my chances finding everyone, or do I get a hint?

Hey witcher... I'm sending all last minute RSVPs directions now... I always check email one last time after setting the OUT of TOWN auto respomder... See you out there buddy...

Witcher I didn't get an RSVP from you... got your profile request... sending you an email with directions to camp... Not sure when we will see you but we will be there and you should have no problem finding us...

ABTrailers we still need your pictures and more than a couple word BIO to get you a login... Prefer not to discuss it on TT but you need to work out that email problem buddy !

Thanks for the reply.........I'm just a gearhead........not too computer sharp. Anyways I've been gotten private messages in my box or you can try any of my mail boxes (perhaps the one your replyed to is full?) Otherwise just send directions to Lexzander@msn.com

Otherwise I guess I get the hint!

Thanks

Alex

ABTrailers we still need your pictures and more than a couple word BIO to get you a login... Prefer not to discuss it on TT but you need to work out that email problem buddy !

SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF WORK FOR A GROUP RIDE.

What happened to the old "meet me there at 6am, and let's go ride"

SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF WORK FOR A GROUP RIDE.

What happened to the old "meet me there at 6am, and let's go ride"

thats what i was thinking, now i have to join 2 sites to ride with one group of people, what is the problem of posting the time and stageing area here on TT, i thought that is what this Ca. forum was for. I might be able to makes it one of the days but dont really know where to stage or time to meet, Maybe i'll join Rider's before the next trip.

you don't need to join riders you can just show up for one of the rides they have. Jeff only posts these so people that are not members can join a good ride.