Sign in to follow this  

1st Ocotillo Trip of the Season: Sep 22-24 2006

Hi guys:

This is a very LONG awaited 1st Ocotillo Trip of the Season. It's still not RED STICKER season yet so RED Sticker bikes beware !

See you in the DeZert !

092206_ocotillo_stats.gif

Ok, I have been sort of following your posts and your website for a while and I want to join, but have yet to get a photo of myself. I will work on that so I can officially join the group and go on some rides. I will put it on the calendar. :thumbsup:

Any old shot that has a clear view of your face works... Even a shot of you sitting on your moms lap eatin oatmeal... LOL... well as long as it still looks like you... I just crop out your head and place it in the main shot with your bike... action shots are always fun but not required... Everybody has a picture of themselves somewhere... Most people just don't like what they have... LOL

Id love to go seeing that my b-day is on the 25th, but my bike is red sticker. Id have to wait for the following Sunday which is the 1st of Oct. :thumbsup:

Ha Ha... You do remember buying that Red Sticker Bike right...? If everyone would quit buying Red Sticker Bikes the manufacturures would get them ALL GREEN stickered in about 2 weeks ! They only make Red Sticker Bikes because people BUY THEM !

You guys are doing it to yourselves... !

Id love to go seeing that my b-day is on the 25th, but my bike is red sticker. Id have to wait for the following Sunday which is the 1st of Oct. :thumbsup:

From what I understand Ocotillo is like Cal City, rangers don't give a shit, just as long as it has a sticker. I might end up going with my red sticker and risking it.

From what I understand Ocotillo is like Cal City, rangers don't give a shit, just as long as it has a sticker. I might end up going with my red sticker and risking it.

Well that depends on who stops you... LOLOLOLOL

Where do you guys usually camp at in OW?

We have a couple spots... North West of Holmes... or East of County Line...

Not decided yet for this trip... We do email directions to all Guests that RSVP... Members can just pull the map off the website...

i replied on the gorman trip too.....again..i think we did everything right, but it would not let me rsvp..hhhmmmmmmm...hhhheeeeelllllllppppppp :thumbsup:...okay...i think its all better now...sorry if i'm being a pain in the butt, i'm a computer cripple

i replied on the gorman trip too.....again..i think we did everything right, but it would not let me rsvp..hhhmmmmmmm...hhhheeeeelllllllppppppp :ride:...okay...i think its all better now...sorry if i'm being a pain in the butt, i'm a computer cripple

Ha Ha... Slow down... I'm chasing you all over the net... LOL Two threads... email... I'm getting dizy... LOL :thumbsup:

We have a couple spots... North West of Holmes... or East of County Line...

Not decided yet for this trip... We do email directions to all Guests that RSVP... Members can just pull the map off the website...

I've always liked somewhere in the middle so you can go either way without running out of gas! Somewhere like off the Cahuilla Trail?

But, it doesn't really matter. I am in! :thumbsup:

Couldn't wait. Saw that it was suppose to be cooler so went out there yesterday. Hardly anyone there. Rode from 8 to Noon. Turned out to be very nice. Slight breeze. Didn't get too hot but sure did suck the moisture out of you. Plan on hydrating lots.

Been going out there for several years. First time I was ever looked over by a ranger to see if I had a red sticker bike. Luckily I had a green bike.

Still very dusty. Riding by myself, it wasn't a problem. But with a group... you'll have brown snot for a day or two after your trip there.

Gotcha all hooked up Glenn...

Yes, please bring some wood... Everyone brings a little wood for each night they are in camp... That way no one needs to haul a big load... Thanks for thinking ahead... :thumbsup: