Sign in to follow this  

Kickstart hits footpeg

I have installed Fastway foot pegs on my 2004 TE450 and now I can´t kick start it anymore since the kick starter hits the foot peg and doesn´t allow it the full travel need to start the engine.

Anyone ever had similar issues?

Thanks!

Luiz

Kickstarters that hit footpegs are a Husqvarna feature since the late 80s..... :thumbsup:

Twinshocker

My brothers 04 Tc 250 always has hit the peg and its got standard pegs and kick start so i wouldn't worry about it. And surly you can start it, it must only hit when Ur at the end of the kick so there must be enough there to start it. Ricky

It hit the standard pegs but sucessfully started the bike. The standard pegs are narrower than the Fastway and allow the kickstarter to travel farther.

i now the fastway pegs are bigger, but it cant stop the kick starter going down far enough so that it wont start the bike, it seems weird but it obviously dose so the best bet would to be to see if any 1 Else on here has the fastway pegs and see if they have the same problem good luck with it . Ricky

Thanks Ricky.

My pegs are in the lowboy position and I will try the normal position to see if soles the problem. If that doesn´t work I believe I will have to alter the pegs shape in the rear end.

Luiz

What if you altered the shape of the kickstart lever slightly?? Just a guess,but it might work, heat it up & give it a slight bend??,,,goodluck

I have the fastway pegs and the kickstarter hits the peg. It didn't hit the stock pegs. However hitting the peg does not cause a problem starting my bike. I believe it only takes about one inch off the full length of travel. I can't see how this would be a problem for you. Maybe you aren't starting with the lever all the way up?