Sign in to follow this  

07' KTM's Joke?

I'm a proud owner of my green bike and i know this is not the KTM Forum.

But i have to know from you guys if i am the only one who thinks that these new KTM's are ugly or what? :thumbsup:

And where do i put my side numbers on?

What if my Batterie is down,since there's no kick starter?

No offense to the KTM people, this are just my thoughts.

I think the new four fiddy looks cool. You've got to give KTM credit for going straight up against the big four. The only thing that prevents me from considering buying one is that damn shock setup. I just can't help but feel that it will kick and swap under the right (or wrong?) conditions...

Funny thing is, KTM's out number yamahas, hondas, suzukis and kawasakis at a average race meet or enduro over here.. BY HEAPS!

They are everywhere, and they are a good quality bike, so im jumping on the orange band wagon once i sell the 125 and 250f.

Sure they are not bad, and look is a matter of taste. Although i guess i'm not the only one who dislikes the look.

But where to put that damn side numbers?

or maybe the AMA and other Promoters are changing the rulebook.

Anyway, i stick with japan bikes, but i'm just curious what others think of

the 07 Austrians. IMO this bikes are hate or love.

The bike is three pounds lighter with the new electric start. that's a pretty amazing feat. I think it would be cool for all the thumpers to be e-start if it didn't make a heavier bike. The systems usually recharge as you ride, so having enough juice to get the bike going shouldn't ever be too much of a problem.

Oh, BTW a member on KTMtalk from the UK has a new 250SXf and he says the suspension is a huge difference over the 06. He says the bike pulls very hard off the bottom now too, but mainly with the new suspension compliance he is 3-4 seconds a lap faster on the new bike. Looks like they have finally equalled the suspension and handling of the japanese bikes, and we all know about their potent motors.

ya you say that because your in australia..come to the states and you wont see as many ktms at MX races..i personaly think they are junk..heavy and they turn like shit and electric start??..&%$#@! is that..ill stick with my kawasaki :thumbsup:

ya you say that because your in australia..come to the states and you wont see as many ktms at MX races..i personaly think they are junk..heavy and they turn like shit and electric start??..&%$#@! is that..ill stick with my kawasaki :thumbsup:

you obviously haven't ridden one lately. They offer some of the lightest bikes and have offerings that no other major brands have, except maybe Gas Gas. They have come into their own and if you really took a close look at them with an open mind, their build quality is heads above any of the Japenese bikes. We all have opinions about these bikes, but you show your lack of knowledge when you say these kind of things. I am not bustin balls by any means, as I came off a Yamaha, which never gave me any problems in 3 years of ownership.

Later,

Garrett

ya you say that because your in australia..come to the states and you wont see as many ktms at MX races..i personaly think they are junk..heavy and they turn like shit and electric start??..&%$#@! is that..ill stick with my kawasaki :ride:

Guess you like inferior engine designes and replacing lots of valves. :ride:

had to do it, cause you were really talking out of your :thumbsup::cry:

I think the new KTMs are very ugly, and I don't understand the electric start. KTM makes some awsome offroad bikes but I think the Japanese mx bikes are slightly better than the KTMs. I see very few KTMs on the tracks that I've been too but I do think they are good bikes. Why electric start, its not hard to kickstart a mx bike, especially a 250. One thing I really like about motocross bikes is that they are simple, I like that they have very little electronics, and I would rather have a kick starter than an electric starter.

I'll stick with kawi too, and my bike is running strong with 60 hours on stock valves :ride:

I know, the Honda 250F has worse valves. I just had to say something to counter the guy's :thumbsup: talk about KTMs.

Yeh i know there arnt as many over there, just makes me think, alot of people just play follow the leader when it comes to buying a bike these days, someone says, "my bike rocks!" the next bloke goes and buys one.

Iv riddn both sxf and kxf, and i prefer the kxf, but my pockets are empty now and the parents are making me sell up and get somthn else, i actly wouldnt mind a 05' CRF, cheaper to.

One more thing, i have starting gate pictures from 2003-2006, and looking at them, i noticed the amout of green mudguards doubled lol!!!

Thats gotta mean somthn :ride:

I would love to own one. I had an '03 125SX and it was an awesome bike. Unless you are pro the difference in these bikes is so minimal that it comes down to ergonomics and personal preferences.

i think the 07 ktms one of the ugliest bikes Ive seen in along time the only thing i like about the ktm is how easy they made it to change the air filter i think all bikes should be that easy

Guess you like inferior engine designes and replacing lots of valves. :applause:

had to do it, cause you were really talking out of your :thumbsup::ride:

inferior engine design??..i dont think so..the kawis pump out some awsome power..and replacing valves? i dont think so..i bounce my kxf off rev limiter ALL the time when i race..and i only shimmed my intake valves one time in 1 year..and they werent even out of spec when i did it..they were on limit..so i think your the talking out of your ass

i have an 06 sxf 250 and im very pleased with it. its my first 4 stroke and has on did around 40 hours with no valves or any internals needing adjusted or replaced, still goin strong and its raced every week so they are reliable and iv been on other 250f's and i can say that its the fastest also, but i will admit it took pro-action and a lot of time to get the suspension correct for me, maybe this was just because i was used to the japenese handling, yh the 07 does look weird but it is also trick and who cares motocross isnt a fashion contest if its doin faster laps than a full tricked up looking kxf yzf crf etc well im gona be happy because at the end of the day its gona get raced, looking dirty but if its out in front your gona be happy

I think the new KTMs are very ugly, and I don't understand the electric start. KTM makes some awsome offroad bikes but I think the Japanese mx bikes are slightly better than the KTMs. I see very few KTMs on the tracks that I've been too but I do think they are good bikes. Why electric start, its not hard to kickstart a mx bike, especially a 250. One thing I really like about motocross bikes is that they are simple, I like that they have very little electronics, and I would rather have a kick starter than an electric starter.

Ahem, it's the 450 that has the E start, anyway, electric start is as simple as pie, there's absolutely no reason for it to fail during an mx race, unless you've been neglecting it. :thumbsup:

the ktms are nice because they pay a lot of attention to detail and have some very nice parts on them stock like the magura clutch and brembo brakes. plus they have awesome engines!