Sign in to follow this  

2004 Yz 250

I did a little racing back in the early 80's and loved it. Now 20 some years later Im thinking of getting back into a little racing/ trail riding with my nephew. Im just getting ready to pull the trigger on the purchase of a "new" 2004 YZ 250 for $3500 and was wondering if there were any negative issues with this bike. Thanks in advance and great forum!

I'm sure you'll be thrilled with how far technology has come in 20 years. I'd jump all over that deal. I dont think the 04's have any major weaknesses, but I'm no expert. I'm a an expert on good deals though... and thats a good deal!

The only negative thing about the bike is the stink-eye you get from your wife/family/co-workers when you become addicted to it.

Thanks for the replys guys. Just to let you know how long its been, my last bike (81 YZ 125) was the last of the "air cooled" Yamaha motocross bikes. I hope I dont forget to put coolant in it :thumbsup:

Excellent deal man.

I am full of envy right now, i wish i could find a deal like that around here.

:thumbsup:

Welcome back to the dirt world.

That is a great price, I bought one in May for 3900 but I had to drive to Yamaha of Troy in Ohio, to get it. I'm very happy with it,

I did a little racing back in the early 80's and loved it. Now 20 some years later Im thinking of getting back into a little racing/ trail riding with my nephew. Im just getting ready to pull the trigger on the purchase of a "new" 2004 YZ 250 for $3500 and was wondering if there were any negative issues with this bike. Thanks in advance and great forum!

It is a great bike and that is a great price if the bike is "new" from a dealer. If somebody has it for sale w/low(no) hours I would try to get it for $3K. Remember, the used 2 stroke market is hurting right now. I'm looking at a 2 hour '06 right now and can probaly pick it up for low $4's for example.

Good luck!

I just closed the deal and yes it is brand new, from a dealer in iowa. As they put it, 2004 left over. Im very excited to be getting back into off road riding/racing again.

I just closed the deal and yes it is brand new, from a dealer in iowa. As they put it, 2004 left over. Im very excited to be getting back into off road riding/racing again.

Good deal! Make sure to take it slow starting out. I took off from 1983 to 1995 and bought a leftover '92 YZ250 when I started back. Took me a while to get used to the new style tracks and such, but I'm still at it 11 years later!

Good Luck!