TT-R250 height

I just got a new 05' TT-R250 this past week. I'm 5'8 so the height isn't too bad, but I would like to lower maybe an inch or so. I was wondering how I could do it without buying lowering links or any major mods (like trimming the seat). Thanks for all answers in advance.

Any upholstery shop would be able to trim the seat for you no problem. Depending on how much you weigh you could take pre load out of the rear spring to make the rear suspension sag more. I wouldn't recommend it unless you weigh less than 150 lbs.

I just got a new 05' TT-R250 this past week. I'm 5'8 so the height isn't too bad, but I would like to lower maybe an inch or so. I was wondering how I could do it without buying lowering links or any major mods (like trimming the seat). Thanks for all answers in advance.

I am also 5' 8". Have you adjusted the sag yet? Stock my bike was set too stiff for my weight (~165 lb). I have adjusted the sag and it is about right for me.

I was tip toe until I adjusted the sag. Now with sag set and suspension clickers set, I am pretty much flat footed on level ground once the suspension compresses. It is still hard to swing the leg over the seat because of the seat and fender kickup and the sag doesn't really help much until the weight is on the bike. I still occasionally fall over when I have stopped on uneven terrain and didn't notice.

Weight shouldn't make a difference because you set the sag with the rider on the bike so the distance the bike squats will be the same regardless of the riders weight. I have the recommended 4" of sag set but I am thinking about trying a half inch more (to 4.5") and sliding the forks up in the triple clamps 0.5". That will give me another half inch lower on the seat.

Personally, I am not willing to give up my soft seat by cutting the foam.

You can try a Kouba lowering link as well. Costs about $140, but this has the potential of lowering your bike significantly, and I am not sure that you can get the front end to match up so you could end up with screwed up steering.

I have seen some guys go to a shoe shop and get extra soles added to their boots to gain the height they need.