Sign in to follow this  

which bike to buy????????

ok my dad has a yz 450 and he says its to heavy for what he wants to do.(enduro hare scrambles)he is a bit stuck on what bike to buy but he likes gas gas and ktm.which bike is the best to get.... a ktm 250 or a gas gas 250.he is around 5'7 btw! :thumbsup::ride:

im also 5'7, and only about 130, so im kind of a scrawny guy, i was looking at both the 250 and 200xc

i was leaning toward the 250, until i heard the 200 was snappier in its power delivery, and was lighter

i was sceptical on how only a 2lbs difference could make a bike seem lighter, but when riding both, you can tell that the 200 is must easier to throw around, and feels more balanced than the 250

also the 200 has way more power than i need for woods racing, it has so much take off and go, low end power, its not even funny

overall, after riding both, im glad i chose the 200 over the 250

Hey woods.... I am selling my 01 WR250F and buying a KTM 200XC-W. I should have the new bike next weekend. I am going to put the EXC light on it and the wiring harness to make it street legal. I am shocked at how light the bike is. It's roughly 30-35lbs light then what I am riding now, not to mention more power! I have been curious about the power delivery??? I have heard they have a more broad power band than the 250 and are smoother. Also heard they put out some nice low-end torque, but not as luggable as the 300XC (that makes sense though). The inventor of the Powernow lives in Flagstaff and the shop here has had good luck putting those in the 2-stroke KTM's. They say it also helps to smooth out the power and beef up the low end. Are you running one of those as well? Other than that, how do you like the bike for single track riding?

yah, it is alot more snappy down on the low end. and throughout the mid-top range, it has a very usable power range, there seems to be no place where it can just pull

my motor is all stock, and is perfect for gncc, ive been through my singletracks at home, and it does great. the fact that it seems so balanced, makes it easy to swiftly whip around tight trees

although when gaining speed, the front end tends to like to get light on you, and wibble-wobble a lil' bit, im sure a stabilizer could fix this