Sign in to follow this  

drz400s fork guards and a yosh exhaust Q

i've been looking for some cool front fork guards for my 06 drz400s. anyone have some ideas of where i should look? maybe some carbon fiber ones. thanks.

isn't the screen insert for blm laws? do i need to have the screen in the end of my yosh exhaust? will it be fine on the streets? and i herd someone say that if you don't wipe the oil off the header pipe, it will change colors. doesn't it do that anyways???

i've been looking for some cool front fork guards for my 06 drz400s. anyone have some ideas of where i should look? maybe some carbon fiber ones. thanks.

isn't the screen insert for blm laws? do i need to have the screen in the end of my yosh exhaust? will it be fine on the streets? and i herd someone say that if you don't wipe the oil off the header pipe, it will change colors. doesn't it do that anyways???

Oil on the headers, mostly the Ti ones leaves "finger print stains"....burned in. Yes the metal will change colors a bit.,, more so on the Ti vs SS

Leave the spark arrester in (the screen) it does no harm, and can do a lot of good.

If your talking lower fork guards,, CFC has some aluminum ones that work great,, or you can get CF ones for other bikes that fit. If your talking upper fork tube guards to replace the plastic boots, then KTM stuff is what your looking for. Do a search, lots of threads on it.

okay cool. yeah i ment the lower fork guards. i'll have to check thoes ones out. so i guess i'll clean up the header before running it. thanks for your help.