Sign in to follow this  

06 WR250 jetting

Ok this bike runs like crap. What is the best jetting using yamaha components. I have put in a yz needle, 180 main and i dont remember the pilot. horrible mid range and top.

The listing with all the jetting specs can be confusing and really shouldn't be followed too closely, IMO. For starters, there are things like fuel, exhaust, elevation, and temperature/humidity which would change the jetting needs of similar year models.

Also, the different years models have different needles (applies to YZ & WR models), which will change the pilot jet requirements.

The guys are running the JD kit probably have the most in common, but of course, those jet numbers are not applicable to guys with stock jetting.

So anyways,,, SkyRider, let's start with helping you sort this out. Can you list what you have for needle, pilot jet, needle clip position, leak jet, air jet, and main jet? And, have you plugged up the coast enrichener circuit? I assume you have done the free mods? I have my 05 jetted fairly close using Keihin components, so maybe there is something I can help with.