Sign in to follow this  

Williams Motowerx valves ??

i havent done any actuall wet flow test yet but i have sprayed dychem in the port @ different lifts and i usally dont see a lot of activity on the back side of the valve its usally out @ the edges more i have found quite a bit of diference with the width of the sealing face of the valve though i tryed playing with golf ball dimples over 20 years ago without seeing any real advantages .

Physics prevents the addition of energy to a flow without an external force, as in something adding to the flow from outside the original control volume (i.e. added mass, heat, doing work on the system (compression)). Dimples on a golf ball create a turbulent boundary layer which allows the flow around the ball remain attached longer which reduces total drag and allows the ball to travel further than a smooth ball. The reduction of drag reduces flow losses at a greater magnitude than the incremental 'dimple-induced' losses, hence, the appearance of something for little to nothing. Adding dimples to a valve does not increase the energy in the flow by creating little eddies. In fact, they would consume some of the flow's energy. If the flow is excessivley turbulent due to the start-stop nature of valve action, then it could be possible to enhance flow by removing some of the turbulence. Does it happen with dimples? I think that if it could, NASCAR, GP bikes or some other high zoot engine sport would have already done it.

i have found places on the divider in a 4 valve head that dimples will afect the boundry layer and increase the flow .i have also found some more extreme measures on the port floor near the apex that afect the boundry layer and increse the flow also and if i get time this winter i will get the wet flow set up going and see what happens with the fuel in the combustion chamber .