Sign in to follow this  

Red Bud has open riding next Sunday

Anybody plan on going. Pro track is open from noon to 6:00. We are going over if the weather holds out.

Sounds Good also Keep this in mind Motoland is having open ride 10-4 on saturdayand offering camping saturday night only 45 min from red bud sounds like a good weekend to open ride :ride::thumbsup:

Not if the heat is like this past weekend. Two days in that would be too much for this old man. Gonna play it by ear and see what the weather gods have planned for us.

Anybody plan on going. Pro track is open from noon to 6:00. We are going over if the weather holds out.

Ron, you have to remember that open practices at Red Bud mean that you ride 15 minutes every TWO hours . For a slow fat old guy like me, that means about 9 laps all day :thumbsup::ride:

Ron, you have to remember that open practices at Red Bud mean that you ride 15 minutes every TWO hours . For a slow fat old guy like me, that means about 9 laps all day :thumbsup::ride:

You're not slow! :cry:

You're not slow! :ride:
Nice, that was good. :thumbsup:

OK, that heat is too much for a fat, old guy.

Hogie, tell me more. What do you mean by that. Don't they just have the 4 classes? C, B, A, and kids?

Hogie, tell me more. What do you mean by that. Don't they just have the 4 classes? C, B, A, and kids?

I have never been there, however, quite a few buddies have been. They say it is an absolute madhouse. Most classes need to be broken into two sessions because of the amount of bikes. Two sessions times 4 classes = 3 laps every two hours. At least I think my math is right.

no different than going to sunset for an open ride :cry: and for me it is about the same distance, lol :ride:

I have never been there, however, quite a few buddies have been. They say it is an absolute madhouse. Most classes need to be broken into two sessions because of the amount of bikes. Two sessions times 4 classes = 3 laps every two hours. At least I think my math is right.

Sounds like your buddies are talking about the Racer x Vet race at Red Bud rather than a practice day, the Vet race there has always been very big i think there was (90) +30B riders when i raced there a few years back. I have been before on a practice day and it was not that bad, you have to remember that the track is very big and it can hold alot of bikes. If you guys have a chance to go, it is worth it, that track is very cool with lots of fun jumps.

For you old guys, the best day for Red Bud practice is Friday, August 18th, with the Vet Fest. I was finally eligible last year (+25) and it was awesome. Practice is from 1-5, you need to be signed up for Saturday's Vet race, so that means no quads, no 50s, no 65s, no 85s, and no one on a big bike under the age of 25. So yeah, there was maybe 200 bikes total and practice was as good as it gets. Track stayed pretty smooth and we got a lot of ride time. Ron - I'm guessing you want to ride with Chris though, so this wouldn't really work out for you.

It's been a few years since we hit regular open practice at Red Bud, but it was pretty busy for sure. Usually a good 500-600 riders, lots of rotations, and limited ride time on the pro track. They had a schedule on the site last year, but I can't find it now since the site is redesigned, but they rotated so you could ride the pro track in one session, the night track in another, etc. but there were several waiting sessions in between as well.

It's been a few years since we hit regular open practice at Red Bud, but it was pretty busy for sure. Usually a good 500-600 riders, lots of rotations, and limited ride time on the pro track. They had a schedule on the site last year, but I can't find it now since the site is redesigned, but they rotated so you could ride the pro track in one session, the night track in another, etc. but there were several waiting sessions in between as well.

Thank you for backing me up on this one Nikki. Believe me, I would be the first in line to ride the pro track, but only if if felt that it was safe to do so. That many bike at any level is just crazy!!! I was looking for the pratice schedule on the website as well, but since they changed their page, it is not on there any more.

Thank you for backing me up on this one Nikki. Believe me, I would be the first in line to ride the pro track, but only if if felt that it was safe to do so. That many bike at any level is just crazy!!! I was looking for the pratice schedule on the website as well, but since they changed their page, it is not on there any more.
I showed Chris your's and Nikki's post earlier and he said he really wants to ride the Pro track, but not with 500 other people. Looks like we're going to pass.

Are you back riding on the 6th, what did you have in mind? Please don't say Buffalo. I'm tired of going there every week.

For you old guys, the best day for Red Bud practice is Friday, August 18th, with the Vet Fest. I was finally eligible last year (+25) and it was awesome. Practice is from 1-5, you need to be signed up for Saturday's Vet race, so that means no quads, no 50s, no 65s, no 85s, and no one on a big bike under the age of 25. So yeah, there was maybe 200 bikes total and practice was as good as it gets. Track stayed pretty smooth and we got a lot of ride time. Ron - I'm guessing you want to ride with Chris though, so this wouldn't really work out for you.

How many laps do they do in the RacerX series. I am thinking about running them next year in the +45 class. I was going to run the Red Bud race this year, but it falls on the same day as my youngest son's first Football game, so I had to pass. I really want to run that track, but not with 500 other people.

Last year we raced 3 of 4 rounds in the Senior Series - all but Millville. They usually raced us chicks with old dudes, like +50 and +60. I think we maybe did 5 laps at each round. My husband raced +25 and +30, and I think his classes maybe did 6 laps. Nothing too crazy, basically a standard local MX format. We're only doing the Red Bud round this year, because, in our opinion, it's the best weekend for us to really enjoy Red Bud without all the hassle.

I showed Chris your's and Nikki's post earlier and he said he really wants to ride the Pro track, but not with 500 other people. Looks like we're going to pass.

Are you back riding on the 6th, what did you have in mind? Please don't say Buffalo. I'm tired of going there every week.

Yes I am riding, come hell or high water :cry: . I am open for suggestions :thumbsup: , since I thought Walnut had an open, but they dont :ride:

Last year we raced 3 of 4 rounds in the Senior Series - all but Millville. They usually raced us chicks with old dudes, like +50 and +60. I think we maybe did 5 laps at each round. My husband raced +25 and +30, and I think his classes maybe did 6 laps. Nothing too crazy, basically a standard local MX format. We're only doing the Red Bud round this year, because, in our opinion, it's the best weekend for us to really enjoy Red Bud without all the hassle.
Damn, 6 laps at Red Bud would be a Pro moto. The pro lap times were around the 3 minute mark, so IF I could do a 4 minute lap, 6 laps would be 24 minutes. No way my conditioning is there yet.

Ron - at Red Bud, us mortals only get to ride about 70%-75% of the track. Last year, at the Senior race, after the ski jump, you went over the tunnel jump, up a hill, back down, straight for the triple/double-double, straight for the new tabletop and wall, over the next tunnel jump, straight to Larocco's Leap, over the big table, to the whoops, over the finish, repeat. They cut out a big section of side one that the pros run, as well as that stupid power robbing uphill single and downhill before Larocco's Leap. For most of the practices and races, they cut out sections of the track as well (and make some stuff smaller, like the new uphill double by the old double-double). Instead of laps, I would say they keep the races around a 10-14 minute moto, like most local tracks.