Sign in to follow this  

use threadlocker when installing flywheel ??

Ok , about to install the Trailtech flywheel and was wondering if I should use threadlocker anywhere ie. the 6 cap screws holding the flywheel to the bearing/ holder or the nut holding the flywheel on ?

#2 How do you hold the flywheel to torque the flywheel nut since the Trailtech does not have the 26mm nut built in like the stock version?

#3 what should I torque those above mentioned cap screws to .. I can't find a spec in the manual. I'm guessing 7-8 ft.lbs ??

what was the price for the flywheel?

Hey , that's not the answer I need :thumbsup:

I believe it was $132. or so plus shipping . I'll post an update later today and let you know if it is a worthwhile investment.

Ok , about to install the Trailtech flywheel and was wondering if I should use threadlocker anywhere ie. the 6 cap screws holding the flywheel to the bearing/ holder or the nut holding the flywheel on ?

#2 How do you hold the flywheel to torque the flywheel nut since the Trailtech does not have the 26mm nut built in like the stock version?

#3 what should I torque those above mentioned cap screws to .. I can't find a spec in the manual. I'm guessing 7-8 ft.lbs ??

YES... YES,,YES, use lock tite on the cap screws... ANd a drop of med strength on the fly main nut.

I use a strap wrench to hold that type of flywheel.

Thanks Bronco , I ended up using a strap wrench and put the bike in 5th gear and had a buddy hold the brakes but eventually was able to get it tightened up.