Back to San Diego!!!

The boyfriend is being transferred early next year, and he just got his written orders, so we're heading back to San Diego in February!

Yahoo!! Love the people I've met here in and around New Orleans, its a great local riding community, don't get me wrong... there's a lot to be said for 'southern hospitality' ? ... and I'll miss my fellow thumpette ridin' bud, KimYZ250F ? .... but man I've missed the desert, and the mountains! :ride:

Nice, big difference in those cities though for sure.

Most definately a big difference... the entire regions (south vs. west) have some pretty significant differences as well. Both pretty cool in their own way... ?

Funny thing is, I actually grew up and spent the first part of my adult life in your state, Michigan! That was before I rode dirt, though, so I never got a chance to ride the beautiful trails I've heard you guys have up there! :ride:

Funny thing is, I actually grew up and spent the first part of my adult life in your state, Michigan! That was before I rode dirt, though, so I never got a chance to ride the beautiful trails I've heard you guys have up there! ?

Same here. Without getting too specific what part? I was just above IN about 20 miles in the center of the state...I have been watching the Midwest forums seems many of the trails are way north of there.

Have fun in San Diego!

Most definately a big difference... the entire regions (south vs. west) have some pretty significant differences as well. Both pretty cool in their own way... ?

Funny thing is, I actually grew up and spent the first part of my adult life in your state, Michigan! That was before I rode dirt, though, so I never got a chance to ride the beautiful trails I've heard you guys have up there! :ride:

Oh, where at in Michigan? Yeah, I'm heading out west in a year (California or Arizona). Michigan sucks.

The boyfriend is being transferred early next year, and he just got his written orders, so we're heading back to San Diego in February!

Yahoo!! Love the people I've met here in and around New Orleans, its a great local riding community, don't get me wrong... there's a lot to be said for 'southern hospitality' ? ... and I'll miss my fellow thumpette ridin' bud, KimYZ250F ? .... but man I've missed the desert, and the mountains! :ride:

there goes the neighborhood :ride:

Yahoo!! Love the people I've met here in and around New Orleans, its a great local riding community, don't get me wrong... there's a lot to be said for 'southern hospitality' ? ... and I'll miss my fellow thumpette ridin' bud, KimYZ250F :applause: .... but man I've missed the desert, and the mountains! :ride:

What happened to Roanoke (or maybe it was somewhere nearby)?

CA will give you lots of riding, great weather, and ungodly expensive housing. Enjoy!

Yahoo!! Love the people I've met here in and around New Orleans, its a great local riding community, don't get me wrong... there's a lot to be said for 'southern hospitality' ? ... and I'll miss my fellow thumpette ridin' bud, KimYZ250F :applause: .... but man I've missed the desert, and the mountains! :applause:

Good.....then come up to the mountains for some trail riding. :ride:

In Feb.....we'll run into snow....but there's plenty of desert trails we can hit from here.

peace,

janette

What happened to Roanoke (or maybe it was somewhere nearby)?

CA will give you lots of riding, great weather, and ungodly expensive housing. Enjoy!

Roanoke was a possibility about five months ago... in the military, it all depends on the timing of it all, and he/we got lucky with the opening for his rate/rank in SD, timing-wise! ?

Good.....then come up to the mountains for some trail riding. ?

In Feb.....we'll run into snow....but there's plenty of desert trails we can hit from here.

peace,

janette

YES!! I want to do all the things I couldn't do (or afford to do) when I was in school, including explore more riding than just the desert... Christi20 & I have discussed Baja rides as well, I'm stoked to be coming home!

There goes the neighborhood, indeed! :applause: (Isn't that just what CA needs, another lawyer? :ride: )

:applause::applause::applause:

Congrats DJ. I wondered if you would be happy in New Orleans back when you were talking about moving there. I spent 12 years in the Navy and loved every minute of it. I had a few years in San Diego and really enjoyed it.

Good luck and keep in touch.

• 2 weeks later...
Roanoke was a possibility about five months ago... in the military, it all depends on the timing of it all, and he/we got lucky with the opening for his rate/rank in SD, timing-wise! :ride:

Oh yeah, I fully understand the timing of the orders. I was in Charleston once and had verbal orders to a boat in Pearl Harbor. No problem, said my detailer, it's a done deal. We had already contacted some folks we knew about housing, prepped the kids for the move, had all the cold weather stuff packed away...in other words we were ready. Then came the call from my detailer...."Ummm, sorry man but I've got a 'now' slot to fill on a boat out of Norfolk....and you've got to be there in two weeks!" That wasn't bad enough...he didn't tell me that 3 days after I was due to arrive, the boat was leaving for a 6-month Med cruise. Yeah, there are some things about my 22 years in the Navy that I don't miss.

Have a wonderful time in Sandy Eggo. I haven't been there since boot camp in 1963...things have probably changed since then. ?

Cheers,

Mac

All I can say is I'm bummed....I'm sure going to miss riding with you and hanging out...even though we didn't get to do it that often. ?

I wish you guys the best of luck and if I ever get out that way....I'm bringing Rocky :ride: (OK I might bring Todd and Cody too.......NOT!)

Kim