Sign in to follow this  

Comin' home!

Looking at a return to San Diego next February, at the latest... looking forward to seeing some familiar TT faces at the track and in the dez, and meeting some new ones! :ride:

'Till next year!! :thumbsup:

I never met you when you were here before, but welcome back. Hope to see you on the trail or track sometime.

wassup? tell the story, why coming back?

you sound happy about it.

The boyfriend is up for transfer again, and got his orders to return to one of the San Diego navy bases.

I knew we were going to have to move sooner or later... I'm just THRILLED its somewhere I don't have to take another bar exam, I don't think I could stomach taking another one! :thumbsup: If he had received orders anywhere but CA I would have had some tough choices to make...

Guess I'm happy about it for other reasons, too... can't say I'm thrilled about the weather around here (stinkin' hurricanes!!) ... and it'll be nice to feast my eyes on terrain that isn't FLAT and SWAMPY! (Most of Louisiana isn't like that, but most of the surrounding New Orleans area is!) I'm a desert girl at heart, I'll be out there in 95 degrees riding in Ocotillo without a problem, but this 95%humidity here leaves me like a rag doll... :crazy: And did I mention the MOSQUITOES? :ride:

And I left a couple of my best friends in So Cal, soul-sisters if not blood-sisters... can't wait to go climbin', hikin', ridin' with my peeps again!!! :busted:

:ride::cry::ride::ride:

L2F, I take it you'll be in the market for a green sticker bike?

Why??? Don't really need one in San Diego. Red sticker ok in the desert October to May. After that it's too hot to ride anyway. And of course Mexico is real close by. No stickers required there. Lots of tracks in the area so a green sticker is not really a big deal here.

Why??? Don't really need one in San Diego. Red sticker ok in the desert October to May. After that it's too hot to ride anyway. And of course Mexico is real close by. No stickers required there. Lots of tracks in the area so a green sticker is not really a big deal here.

Exactly. I usually rode the dez in season, tracks in the summer when it was hot and you can ride a few laps, some back & stick your head in the ice chest.... :cry:

Although I wouldn't mind a green-sticker ride... can't have too many bikes, right? :ride: If I get a good job quick enough, I might start looking for a used '02 or '03 (can't remember now, is it 02s or 03s that are grandfathered in?) KTM200SX, those have always looked pretty cool... :thumbsup:

Welcome (back) to the Hotel California.

You can check out any time you like, but you can never (really) leave.

If you make it up north, let me know.

I think you're really stalking DDH. Watch out for him.

He'll abuse you and your significant other.

Kevin