Sign in to follow this  

Chain guide and gas cap question.

I have a 05 CRF100 for my kid. While riding it the other day (me not the kid) I threw the chain off it 2x. Well the chain was a little loose but still I have never thrown a chain before.

So I start to think that maybe that cheep plastic sprocked protector thing is the cause. BBR and others make guides that wrap around the chain unlike the stock one. But they are pricy. I was looking at catalogues and the guide for the CRF50 and the CRF100 apear to be the same part number. I am wondering if the guide for a 50 will work on the 100. There are plenty of much cheeper guides on ebay for the 50 that might work on the 100. I can get a aluminum guide for a 50 for $20 on ebay.

Also do the 50 footpegs work on the 100. IMS lists there pegs fit both the 50 and the 100. Again much bigger selection of parts for the 50 than the 100.

Last question. Is the 50 and 100 gas cap the same. BBR lists them as the same pn#. I can get an aluminum one for a 50 off ebay for like $25

Thanks for the help.

Not sure about the guides being the same, but someone on here had a template to make your own BBR style. Also, I had fastway pegs on my XR100 I sold and they were for the 50/70/80/100.

Just about every motor I bought on ebay, had severe case damage from a thrown chain. That's the something you don't want to cheap about. Instead of buying an aluminum gas cap, use that money to get a decent chain guide.

Just about every motor I bought on ebay, had severe case damage from a thrown chain. That's the something you don't want to cheap about. Instead of buying an aluminum gas cap, use that money to get a decent chain guide.

Seeing your reply reminded me of where I saw the chain guide dealio..in your tech section.

http://socalxrs.com/frames1.htm

http://socalxrs.com/Tech/chaing3.JPG

It took him 2 hours and he's a pro. It would take me two days. :thumbsup:

But it did come out nice. I wish I had talant.

OK, I actually have a almost new BBR (2 weeks old) chain guide I sell you for $40 plus $5 shipping if you want. You must use paypal. PM me if interested.