Sign in to follow this  

Hippies and mountain bikes!

I just moved to western north carolina (hendersonville) from southern California. I used to ride my CRF 450 R almost every day in the desert. Plenty of places to ride in southern Cali. Now I just look at my bike in the livingroom and wonder what Im going to do with it. Every bit of what looks to be good single track is claimed by the tree hugging mountain bike fruit cakes that drive saturns. Is there anyplace to ride thats not a 3 hour drive?

Looks like were neighbors man and I'm one of those mtn biking, hippie/redneck/gearheaded/fruitcake yahoos you find on the eastcoast. You gotta be flexible dude and stayed tuned here for where to ride. The places are there, you just gotta get in the loop. And don't knock the mtn bikers cause most of us either do both or know plenty that do.

Yep, either get along, or get out. j/k, but not really. Not a real good way to make friends with this as your first post.

The foothills and mountains of NC offer some of the best mountain biking and motorcycle riding in the US. Maybe you should have settled a little further east to be a little closer. ncdirtrider.com has a listing of just about every track and facility in NC. The hare scramble series here offer about 30 opportunities a year to ride/race, alone.

and yes, I ride mountain bikes, too. :ride:

We are a good bunch of guys, just take it easy and keep an eye out for the gatherings. :thumbsup:

Try Tsali, they loves motorbikes there! I have always wanted to ride :ride: the Appalachian Trail :thumbsup:

just ride what you want and consider any fines you incur the price of admission. as long as you don't make a consistant nuisance of yourself, and be respectful of others, you most likely won't have a problem. of course this is just advice that was given to me. i cannot condone any illegal activities.

Looks like were neighbors man and I'm one of those mtn biking, hippie/redneck/gearheaded/fruitcake yahoos you find on the eastcoast.

Excluding "hippie", I fit the bill....(LOL). :thumbsup::ride:

when you pass the the mtn bikers throw some roost there way, maybe they won't come back?

Were do i start?At least you don't have to worry if you have a red sticker or a green sticker you can ride year around.Also its not a 110 degrees riding in the Desert plus there some trees.thats a start for now plus their is a lot of places to ride 5 tracks and 2 or 3 trail places to ride within 2 hours of hendersonville if not more and gas is probably cheaper.oh by the way i live in Hendersonville and mountainbiking is a good crosstraing. :thumbsup:

dang mtn bikers,someone oughta put'em up against the wall :thumbsup: seriously though some of them are quite the pita,like the ones that hold you up on the trail just because they can,those are the ones that get roosted. and i have rode on the AT really nice singletrack,and the hikers are smart enough to get out of the way :ride:

dang mtn bikers,someone oughta put'em up against the wall :cry: seriously though some of them are quite the pita,like the ones that hold you up on the trail just because they can,those are the ones that get roosted. and i have rode on the AT really nice singletrack,and the hikers are smart enough to get out of the way :ride:

I am smart enough to ride on bike only trails. :ride: Some aren't, apparently. :thumbsup: If I came accross someone riding in a ORV park, I would probably roost'em too. :ride:

I just moved to western north carolina (hendersonville) from southern California. I used to ride my CRF 450 R almost every day in the desert. Plenty of places to ride in southern Cali. Now I just look at my bike in the livingroom and wonder what Im going to do with it. Every bit of what looks to be good single track is claimed by the tree hugging mountain bike fruit cakes that drive saturns. Is there anyplace to ride thats not a 3 hour drive?

You got it all wrong....It is the tree-hugging hippie HIKERS (many of which keep moving here from out west) that are ruining it for all wheeled sports around here. I havn't ridden a motorizeed bike on the AT, but the hikers I've ran across were pretty cool, considering it is a hiking only trail. My co-worker can tell ya some stories though :thumbsup:

I am smart enough to ride on bike only trails. :ride: Some aren't, apparently. :ride: If I came accross someone riding in a ORV park, I would probably roost'em too. :cry:

they're at brown occasionally,i blame the gov't for lumping it all together. like at uwharrie your intermingled with the horse trails,ya thats smart thinkin' :thumbsup: i would think that there is enough land to seperate activities.

Well, there's no way I would compete with a motorcycle on the trails. I know some people do ride at Brown and I have been to Uwharrie, once, almost running into the back of a horse! Never been back. At least at Tsali, they alternate the trails access to horses and bikes. Ruts are no fun on bicycle anyway...

At least at Tsali, they alternate the trails access to horses and bikes.
Dang road apples :thumbsup::ride::cry:

How good is the mtn biking in Hendersonville as I also love to mtn bike, yet how hard is it to find good singletrack or MX around that area??

dang hippis :thumbsup: i live in the foothills of sc and we have some of the best dang trails go to warrihut or something like that neat sounthen westlin universty and the upper telico extermly rocky pepole say it cant be rode with a dirtbike some one need to prove them wrong

LOL, I was having a little deja vu for a second. I just moved out here from Temecula in February. We looked in Henersonville, and settled in Mooresville. I also brought my CRF450R with me. Most weekends back in Cali would be spent in Ocotillo, or a local track. Man I miss the desert! In the five months I have been here, I have sold my 450, bought a yz250, bought a mtn bike, sold my 250, bought a ton of camping gear, and just last week I got a jet boat. Whew! Now THAT'S active assimilation man! :ride: Hey, I got an extra ty-dye shirt for ya if you ever want to hike up a hill, and burn a fattie.char038.gif

BTW, now tell the truth...we had more mtn bike hippies back in Cali. We just never ran into them because it's illegal to ride a motorcycle ANYWHERE! :thumbsup:

0cahuilla5-01.jpg

2001_YZ_250_009.jpg

hedjump.jpg

DSC00011.jpg