Sign in to follow this  

Stainless brake lines for 05SM

Hi All I want to install some stainless braided brake lines on my 05DRZ400SM and have a few questions. Has anyone tried to source a kit for this bike? Will the S model fit on my SM? Is there any difference in the length of the front line? Finally, has anyone had any issues with any manufacturer that I need to know about?

Thanks for your input

Sean

If you measure the length of the line and call Goodridge (they're in Indiana) they can throw a kit together for you. It would probably cost around 50 or so. I need to do this for my 05 SM too.

I've had good luck w/ Galfer the last 2 times for custom lines. I spec'd a minimal length line for my SM (don't have exact no. here, 53" center to center maybe) w/ a 12 degree offset for the caliper & a long 90 degree offset for the master so the line would have a clean, hidden run (like a CR). Call them & they can hook you up......$69 total w/ shipping - well worth it for feedback & power.

Mike in CT

2006 SM

I would like to get a set up like this, did they give you any part numbers with this line you got from Galfer? Also did you order directly from them, cause their website says they only sell to dealers.

Thanks!

I've got Galfer front and rear SS lines on my 05 SM. I'm pretty sure I ended up with the "S" kit, but they work great...with MUCH better feel. Give the TT store a call and they'll hook you up. Nothing but good experience with them and everything I've gotten has worked spot on.

I got a Swiss made brakeline for my S. It was 135cm (53inch) and 59€. Steel braided brakeline did not change my front brake as good as in KTM625SXC.