Sign in to follow this  

K&N AIR FILTER

I run the OEM filter. It is a quality twin stage filter that allows the engine to breath. Dealer (and independant testers) recommends it over aftermarket brands as well.

I run the OEM filter. It is a quality twin stage filter that allows the engine to breath. Dealer (and independant testers) recommends it over aftermarket brands as well.

Like who? If the bike is stock (uncorked) it won't matter much....

The stock filter is the old-school ultra-closed cell foam, unlike the two-stage version of today that use less of that kind of foam...........

Does any body out there run a K&N air filter on their CRF 450 X? If so, how do you like it? Will the R filter fit the X? :thumbsup:

I personally do not trust K&N products for off road. They do not trap as much dirt in my opinion. When I have tried them in the past, I could always wipe fine dust out of my inlet boot, no matter how well I treated it.

I don't have that problem with a Twinair.

Like who? If the bike is stock (uncorked) it won't matter much....

The stock filter is the old-school ultra-closed cell foam, unlike the two-stage version of today that use less of that kind of foam...........

Local dealer recommends stocker over the Twin Air specifically. ADB (Australasian Dirtbike Magazine) recommends leaving the stocker in also. They did this with their 05 long term project bike for the A4DE. Maybe we get a different one fitted as stock Down Under cause this one is a twin stage???

I personally do not trust K&N products for off road. They do not trap as much dirt in my opinion. When I have tried them in the past, I could always wipe fine dust out of my inlet boot, no matter how well I treated it.

I don't have that problem with a Twinair.

What Krannie says is true. K&N may have applications, but off road aint one of them. Sorry.

:thumbsup: