Sign in to follow this  

rekluse

I need some help with a part, the gasket to be exact. I bought a used rekluse for my 250x and it does not have cover gasket with it and I know it's a different thickness than the OEM but I'm not sure . I went to the rekluse sight but they do not show a parts section to order from. I have been told you can double the OEM gaskets but I really don't like doing that does any one know the thickness . Thanks guys KJ

Have you guys notice any stiffness in your shift lever when shifting? My 250 has developed a noticable shifting stiffness in it and im unsure if it was the rekluse that might be causing this but I dont think it is. I dont really ride the bike anymore since I got a 450 so im not use to it but I noticed how stiff the shifter was when I got on it yesterday.

I do miss shifts more than I used to, probably cause it is a little harder (stiffness) to shift. Clutch does call for readjustment after a few uses. My clutch also makes a wierd noise, sounds like a vibration. Anyone else have that?

I have the rekluse as well and recommend getting the rekluse clutch cover (if you have the extra $$$). I didn't really trust the gasket (I had a good amount oil gathering on it).

Yea, thats what I really need to do that's what I'll get next. If any has a used they would like to sell shoot me a pm.

I do miss shifts more than I used to, probably cause it is a little harder (stiffness) to shift. Clutch does call for readjustment after a few uses. My clutch also makes a wierd noise, sounds like a vibration. Anyone else have that?

I was getting the same thing and I worked with rekluse on it and we could not figure it out so I took out and decide to sell it.

The stock clutch cover uses an o-ring, the rekluse should come with about an 3/16" thick gasket. Give Rekluse a call, their really good about sending stuff out quick and have excellent customer service.

You were right they called me right back and there customer service very helpful . Hearing a lot of neg. stuff about the rekluse from these guys whats your experience with the shifting and the rekluse overall. thanks KJ

Had one in my 250 for 2 yrs and my 450 for 1 yr. No problems and still on original clutch plates. Set gap closer to .035 and perch to engage just off idle. The only way to go.

You were right they called me right back and there customer service very helpful . Hearing a lot of neg. stuff about the rekluse from these guys whats your experience with the shifting and the rekluse overall. thanks KJ

Mines been nothing but good and I'm getting another for my new bike. Geno1 has good advice, I've also found it better to have the gap at .035.

If anybody needs one, I'll be selling the one off my crf250x. I removed it to sell the bike and will probably sell it for around $250 shipped which also includes the perch adjuster. Less than half the price of new, it has a summer and a half on it. I also have steel balls for the R as well as the tungsteon balls for the X so it will fit either.

Here's a pic if interested. Everything is cleaned, packaged and labeled. Rekluse pic

Did you get 2 extra drive plates with your rekluse that were .047 to replace the the .040 to adjust for wear in your rekluse.

Did you get 2 extra drive plates with your rekluse that were .047 to replace the the .040 to adjust for wear in your rekluse.

Yes, you get .040 & .047 with the Rekluse and you still have the .054 stock plates to adjust with. I never had a problem adjusting the gap, in fact, it was a one time shot and never moved.

Yes, you get .040 & .047 with the Rekluse and you still have the .054 stock plates to adjust with. I never had a problem adjusting the gap, in fact, it was a one time shot and never moved.

if you still have the clutch for sale i will take it if you can take paypal ?

i had one on my 525 and loved it i have been riding my 05 250x for over a year now and would like to go back to the rekluse it really helps in the crazy stuff but must be set just off idle if you ask me.. and just for those that are asking about the clutch i raced my 525 in the woods and in supermoto all with the rekluse.

pm me with the info if you want to sell it to me cause my email is jacked up so pm is best.

thanks

If he doesn't sell his I will sell you mine, let me know. I have paypal if that helps.

Would you like to sale your rekluse cover?

When I run into people running a recluse on their 250x they tell me "it's the best mod" and "you have to get one".

Why do so many people take them out and sell them? Why are there so many problems adjusting them?

Bought mine from a guy who removed it before he sold his bike. I guess he figured he could come out on the money end better doing it that way .