WHere do you Winter Vacation?

Where do you spend you winter vacation usually christmas break or any other time you have work or school. off. I am looking into renting a cabin up north NH,VT,ME or possibly Ny and we want to be able to do all winter sports in general like snowmobiling, skiing, skating, and having a good time. Any suggestions? Or places you'd like to go?

Sunday River in Bethel Maine...

You can ski, snowboard, ice skate, tube, snowshoe at the mountain and Leave from there on sleds and get some good trails...

Do not waste your time snowmobiling in VT or NH,,,, they do not want to you in their state and prove it every year when they hand out speeding tickets on the trails for doing 65 on a mile long straight....

Maine is where the real sled heads go...NO SPEED LIMIT... I live in NH and only register my sled in Maine...

i head up to colorado ever january. its really fun, we go boarding and skiing eveyday, and then one afternoon we go snowmobiling and stuff like that. last year was killer, 4 feet of snow in 2 days we were there, and then i think it snowed like a total of 8 feet. i did the imperial run at breck, great fun but it was so windy that it blew all the snow off and made it an downhill ice scating rink on there "extreme terrain".im a sponsored boarder on the east coast, but when you get out there and see there type of skiing, i dont ride like im so sponsored anymore.......just completely different and the best around, our stuff down here on the east coast are like mole hils compared to the rocky's.(thats excluding the NE, like vermont and all)

TTRchick - I live in VT and try to get outta here as much as possible. I ride my dirtbike in the south in the winter. Don't start coaxing people to come ride here in any season b/c it really does suck. All the good land being private makes it kind of hard to find a place to ride within reasonable driving distance. Maybe if you're a sledneck you could get along ok in the winter time but we haven't even had that much good snow for that in the past few years anyway. Last season the lake didn't even freeze over. I moved from CT where there were more trails than I could handle in any one day then I move to VT with more open land than CT could ever have and all the hippy tree huggers have created such a socailist state that is completely against dirtbiking. Not saying I don't like it here, just saying it sucks to ride here. ?:ride:

Yeah i went on a ski trip to Sunday River and Attitash we stayed in Gorham, ME it was AWESOME! Keep the replies coming. Any good cabins and snowmobile rental places were they are UNGUIDED. I want to take them out wherever not a a guided trip. ME sounds Ideal but wherever you could mention thanks.

well, the snowmobile trip we did in colorado was unguided. we stayed in frisco and met up with a group of people across the street from copper mountain. then we paid and they gave us the sleds, and we took off for 2 hours . this year were doing the high run which is when you go with about people up the the bowls of this one mountain, like 13,000 feet up, and they let you loose, it should be fun. and were also doing the snowcat trip when they take you up to the top of an unmarked, unskied mountain and let you board on that all day.

• 2 weeks later...
TTRchick - I live in VT and try to get outta here as much as possible. I ride my dirtbike in the south in the winter. Don't start coaxing people to come ride here in any season b/c it really does suck. All the good land being private makes it kind of hard to find a place to ride within reasonable driving distance. Maybe if you're a sledneck you could get along ok in the winter time but we haven't even had that much good snow for that in the past few years anyway. Last season the lake didn't even freeze over. I moved from CT where there were more trails than I could handle in any one day then I move to VT with more open land than CT could ever have and all the hippy tree huggers have created such a socailist state that is completely against dirtbiking. Not saying I don't like it here, just saying it sucks to ride here. ?:ride:

Sledneck... LOLOLOL! I hate snowmobiles.... I have to admit, I am a flatlander... RI originally BUT I live 2 miles from a major resort (smugglers notch) and Snowboarding is great.. specially if you know the backcountry very well. I just got landowner permission to use his sand and gravel pit.. it is great! He gave on other person permission and it happens to be my best bud! So we are in! It is HUGE! You must be in Southern VT?

And yes friggin Tree huggers and trustafarians SUCK!!!!!

Sledneck... LOLOLOL! I hate snowmobiles.... I have to admit, I am a flatlander... RI originally BUT I live 2 miles from a major resort (smugglers notch) and Snowboarding is great.. specially if you know the backcountry very well. I just got landowner permission to use his sand and gravel pit.. it is great! He gave on other person permission and it happens to be my best bud! So we are in! It is HUGE! You must be in Southern VT?

And yes friggin Tree huggers and trustafarians SUCK!!!!!

what are trustafarians?

Elrontx - obviously you don't live close enough to any colleges.

Trustafarians per Webster:

Noun- a person, male or female, who's life is funded by a trust or large inheritance but who chooses to adorn themselves with dreadlocks and wear crappy clothes or tablecloths while acting organically and under the pretense that he or she is against corporate America (who is basically responsible for their trust or large inheritance to begin with.)

Noun- a person, male or female, who's life is funded by a trust or large inheritance but who chooses to adorn themselves with dreadlocks and wear crappy clothes or tablecloths while acting organically and under the pretense that he or she is against corporate America (who is basically responsible for their trust or large inheritance to begin with.)

LMFAO!!!!!!

You so hit it the nail on the head!

I thought Richmond was closed? Milton has been getting pummeled due to that reason. Have you been up to Rider Hill? I would like to get up there and race at least once this season... finances and schedule is difficult though!

JSC part time? What about the rest of the time??? LOL

ive met a few types like that not where i live but at concerts and sking.they seem to have a guilt complex and are usually very detached from reality.

Elrontx - sounds like you know what we're talking about them.

TTR - never been to Derby as I have a crappy trailer and don't trust my bike on it for more than 5 min. Milton has become way overcrowded unless you go early a.m. Been riding Richmond although there's no formal track still plenty of space and variety to rip around on. JSC part time, stone mason rest of the time (thats why I so well versed in trustafari)

YoFrank...

Stonemason huh?! Suppose to go riding this sunday... weather forcast is RAIN! Are you just into "track" or do you do woods at all? Ever do the bakersfield loop or hooked up with the "CCC"? They leave from the Long Trail "pub" (more like DUMP!)