Sign in to follow this  

weight specs of 2 stroke models ? ? ? ?

I'm confused about the weight specs of the 200SX. :ride::thumbsup:

KTM list (dry weights) the 250 2 stroke at 208, the 125 at 204 and the 200SX at 220 lbs..............How can this be? Is it right?

I would think it would fall smack between the 125 and 250 but not so ?? :ride::cry:

I think for the 200 that was a 05 model but I'm sure it can't be much different for a 06.

Reason I ask is I'm having thoughts lately of going from a 450 CRF to a 200 KTM but noted it weighs more then a 250 :ride: Hope the specs are wrong.

I'm confused too... I don't see a 200SX listing on their website.? What are you refering to??? You seem to be comparing the SX's to the XC. The offroad line is always going to weigh more than the moto versions.

I'm confused too... I don't see a 200SX listing on their website.? What are you refering to??? You seem to be comparing the SX's to the XC. The offroad line is always going to weigh more than the moto versions.

You are correct as to me comparing the SX's to the XC BUT usually the weight difference comes from head and tail light and more enduro mods on but I just don't see much difference between the SX (yea I know, they are not made anymore) and the XC's? The XC looks pure moto to me with no skid plate or anything so what is the difference? Gearing and heavier flywheel and tires?? :thumbsup:

http://www.ktmusa.com/fileadmin/swf/productspecials/uploads/200_XC_07_640_90.jpg

I did find that that a 04 200SX weighs in at about 209 which seems right in the ballpark and can't find the original site that had one weighing in at 220. Either I miss read it or they listed it wrong. My main concern was that I don't want to buy a 200 that weighs over what a 250 does.

When was the last year of the SX 200?

I am not sure on the year of the 200SX's. Most manufacturers don't use as much of the lightweight materials in the offroad bikes as they do in the moto versions. Looks like you will have to go used if you can find one, or get a new two fiddy.

200SX was only made a few years.....also, it is common for KTM weight specs to vary widely from one printed spec to the next, no consistant source for the weights.

The 200xc will feel closer to a 125 than it will a 250 in the weight department. The bike is also built on a 125 chasis (afterall it is basically a 125) so it is not only lighter but smaller. I'm 5'9" with a short inseam so the 200 is the perfect bike for me. If you ride in the woods, dump that pig of a 450 and get a 200.