Sign in to follow this  

hot start

does anyone know where i can find a clutch side thumb operated hot start. or if someone has the right side hot start how do you like it.

I installed yesterday on my '02 YZ250F a Dr. D hotstart conversion that I got on the leading Internet auction site. The lever is beneath the front brake mount, unobtrusive and easily accessed. I've not ridden with it, but testing it in the garage indicates that it does what it's supposed to. Installation was straightforward.

I installed yesterday on my '02 YZ250F a Dr. D hotstart conversion that I got on the leading Internet auction site. The lever is beneath the front brake mount, unobtrusive and easily accessed. I've not ridden with it, but testing it in the garage indicates that it does what it's supposed to. Installation was straightforward.

do you like how it feels. i simulated having it on the right side and i cant seem to be able to get used to it.

I have the ASV F3 levers and clutch perch and my hotstart is thumb operated on the clutch side. I really like how it feels/works. Just my pointless $.02.

-Erick

It feels natural to me. You can find an illustration of it by going to the Thumpertalk store and doing a search on Dr. D Hot Start. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see a photo of it.

I have the ASV F3 levers and clutch perch and my hotstart is thumb operated on the clutch side. I really like how it feels/works. Just my pointless $.02.

-Erick

awesome. i think im going to pick a set of asv f3 levers. thanks.