Sign in to follow this  

flywheel weight & carb mod

I have just had a 9oz flywheel weight fitted which was made by local engineer and the carb modified by R & D husky here in Australia and it has turned my 04 tc450 into the ultimate enduro weapon . when i first got the bike i was stalling all the time now i don't stall at all even through the tightest single Forrest tracks or up snotty hills . if any body want a flywheel weight I can get them done for $179.00 AUD plus postage.they fit 04 tc/te 450 and 510. For the carb mod contact Micheal at the service department of R and D husky on 02 4735-4443 . I believe he make the choke circuit richer for easy cold starting no more twisting the throttle and modifies the accelerator pump to reduce flat spots . but what ever he does it certainly worked. I not posting this in order to make money selling weights i want to help fellow TC owners who as i have read on this forum have had similer stalling problems . and as far as i know taskys is the only place that does a flywheel weight so this my help peolpe who don't live in the USA.

cheers Paul

What is the process of installing the flywheel weight? I assume it isn't overly difficult. Thanks

the flywheel has to be removed from the bike and sent away . the weight is then mechine pressed onto the back of the flywheel and welded . it then gets balanced .this makes it almost imposable to remove the weight but trust me you won't want to

Paul

This past winter, I had my tool shop at work fabricate the same type of weight. During the last cut, the tool bit grabbed the metal ring and tore the entire thing to shreds. I was really looking forward to the results. I also did the carb mod through HALLS. My flywheel weight would have been a bit cheaper to manufacture.... the metal was free and the labor only cost a 12 pack of beer! Maybe next winter, while I'm not riding my 04 I'll give it another try.