Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen AP Cover.

i'm coming off a 05wr250f to a 06 yzf250, riding track mostly. i'm having a hard time stopping in corners without stalling my bike. anyway i can't get it restarted until it cools down for five minutes. which obviously stinks. my buddy was having the same problem when he got his o6 yzf250 a few months ago. he went to the boyesen ap cover and now it starts perfect when he stalls. i'm thinking of buying one ,what do you think. i did a search for the boyesen but they all seem to talk about the bog, which i don't have that problem.

Try turning up your idle, it should be set at approximately 1600-1800 RPM. Hard starting could be a carb problem sounds like you might be on the lean side. What jetting are you currently running and what kind of pipe?

i just got the bike so it's whatever the factory put on it. it starts up real easy when its cold. both my riding buddies have the same bike. we all take turns trying to start it. does the boyesen cover actuallly do anything for cranking, or is it just my buddies imagination.

i just got the bike so it's whatever the factory put on it. it starts up real easy when its cold. both my riding buddies have the same bike. we all take turns trying to start it. does the boyesen cover actuallly do anything for cranking, or is it just my buddies imagination.

I don't think it does anything for starting the bike, it is design to help you if you whack the throttle often in whoop sections because it refills the bladder quicker than the stock units - has nothing to do with starting.

IMO - if you want your bike to start easier, then jet the idle circuit slightly on the lean side (i.e. PJ and or adjust the fuel screw leaner). My 06 came stock being too rich and it was very hard to start cold and hot until I figured out that it was way too rich and jetted it leaner. Now she starts 1st or second kick.

The PowerNow or avNow will help with starting too. :thumbsup:

basically its ewasier just to have your bike jetted right, then it wont bogg when you flick the throttle real quick.