Sign in to follow this  

XR250 Range

Was wondering how many km's a stock xr250 can go before running out of fuel.

This is just a ballpark average on off gas ride.

Can you get 200km's? Thanks

it will probably get around 30 miles per gallon if you are lucky (48kpg) it has a 2.8 gallon tank so you probably aren't going to make it that far and it also depends on how you ride. if you have an aftermarket tank it could probably get you closer to 200km but probably not all the way there. It all depends on your elevation,riding style, and jetting set up.

I recently went fire road riding in kamloops and managed 87 miles/140km with gas to spare ( under1/4 tank). Keep in mid this involved no side tracking/bush riding strictly fire roads at cruising speeds. In the bush doing single track I get significantly less mileage.

it will probably get around 30 miles per gallon if you are lucky (48kpg) it has a 2.8 gallon tank so you probably aren't going to make it that far and it also depends on how you ride. if you have an aftermarket tank it could probably get you closer to 200km but probably not all the way there. It all depends on your elevation,riding style, and jetting set up.

It's gotta get better than 30. My XR400 with an Edelbrock carb get's 35-40 when I'm playing around on hills and stuff, on and off the gas.

At least according to my stock odometer it's getting that, I'd assume it's relatively close.

I can easily go about 80 miles on my stock tank and not hit the reserve. When I ride strictly on the street I recon I get about 55 - 60 miles per gallon. '01 XR250, Gordon'd, otherwise stock.

I recently went fire road riding in kamloops and managed 87 miles/140km with gas to spare ( under1/4 tank). Keep in mid this involved no side tracking/bush riding strictly fire roads at cruising speeds. In the bush doing single track I get significantly less mileage.

I was on Saturday too in kamloops ! Well mainly logging roads and old deactivated skidder roads.

Are you from kamloops?

Thanks alot everyone for the help :ride: I think I will fill a couple oil containers with gas to bring with me next time I want to keep going :thumbsup:

Why does the little xr get such horrible mileage? My dr350 gets 65-70mpg consistently with the airbox and jetting mods.

a stock xr250 has a significantly larger main jet size than the dr350. my xr could probably go between 80-100 miles on a tank, while my dad's 350 would consistently go 100 miles.

m0dD,

No I am from the lowermainland but I travel to Kamloops every so often to camp at Red Lake.

Very relaxed city riding at 60 hm/h max, and slow starts will get me 30 km/litre.

Highway riding trying to keep a constant 100 km/h will take it down to 23, 24 km/lt

The worst I've ever seen was 19.1 km/lt at 100, 105 km/h with a bit of a headwind.

From that you can figure out the max theoretical range.

d.

it has a 2.8 gallon tank.

My '02 XR250 manual says "Fuel Tank Capacity, including reserve 2.38USGal (9.0l) Reserve Capacity 0.52 US Gal (2.0l)"

I take the above to mean that you'll go through 1.86 gal before needing to switch to reserve.

True: "On" fuel setting will run through 2.38 - 0.52 Gal. "Res" will use the remaining 0.52. (That's 7 litres main, 2 litres res).

d.

Im riding mostly street, but on my 94 XR250L I am getting 120+ Miles per tank + reserve, bone stock

I ride about a 60\40 (street-dirt) mix on my '94 XR250L. Oversized main (130), UNI filter (probably needs cleaned again), SuperTrapp, IMS 3.7 (Exxon Valdez) and just topped off the tank today.. I got 210 from this tank.. Have gone up to 225 before. Gotta LOVE 70+ MPG. :thumbsup:

my bone-stock 85' XR350R gets around 100 miles to the tank (2.0gal) with street gears (14/40), and I've done better on the trails. The last outing was 68 miles with trail gears (14/48), at an elevation of 6500-8500ft. Had 1/2 tank left over when we got back to the truck.