Sign in to follow this  

Trailtech flywheel update

Alright , I have finally got my replacement Trailtech flywheel installed and I must admit I am very pleased with the throttle response . I was a bit concerned it wasn't going to respond as well as hoped being it was only an 8 oz reduction but it definately makes a differance. I have only driven about 15 miles on the street and won't be able to take it off-road 'til Friday but I truly expect this mod to shine off-road. For those that were concerned about it stalling in those slow tech trails , at this point I am inclined to think this will not be a problem . This is a pretty staright forward swap but it would help if you had access to an impact wrench and an offset 26mm wrench . I ended getting by w/o the impact wrench but needed to use a strap wrench and a friend to lock up the brakes in 5th gear.

thanks for the update imlostagain.i'm still waiting for mine to be shipped. :thumbsup:

I've got a flywheel from a LTZ400 being lightened, they should be able to take off about 9.5oz. You can pick up the flywheels cheap on eBay and the lightening is $55 from Pro Cycle. You get an extra 1.5oz knocked off the flywheel if you do it that way. But it would be nice to try the Trailtec vs. the LTZ lightened.

Let us know how it does off road, for sure.